September 21, 2024, 04:15:08 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

If I download Ubuntu...

Started by Lozal, August 18, 2007, 11:23:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lozal

Can my mom still get into Windows? Because I know that she's accustomed to Windows and won't like the change. Is there still a way to easily access Windows without having to type some long code that she wouldn't remember?
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

guff

Actually, regardless of how you partition your disk, Ubuntu WILL WIPE IT CLEAN AND IT WILL ONLY INSTALL A COMMAND LINE INTERFACE

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 18, 2007, 11:27:02 AM
Actually, regardless of how you partition your disk, Ubuntu WILL WIPE IT CLEAN AND IT WILL ONLY INSTALL A COMMAND LINE INTERFACE
He's right.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Feynman

Nothing will happen if you download Ubuntu....

guff

Also, you have to flip the switches to code in the bootstrap program each time you start up.

Feynman

Every time you turn on your computer, you'll arrive at a Linux command prompt. Instinct will guide you form there.

ncba93ivyase

Also, before you install Ubuntu, you need Solaris and some GRUBs.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Oh god I'm loling so harddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd  flower;

Feynman

You'll have to manually install Ubuntu by taking out your hard drive and lasering data onto it yourself.

guff

Oh, and it only recognizes dvorak keyboards.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 18, 2007, 11:45:07 AM
You'll have to manually install Ubuntu by taking out your hard drive and lasering data onto it yourself.
Don't lie, jackass.

Feynman

You'll need to install your ISP's Linux drivers to get it to connect to the internet. But please note, not all ISP's support Linux.

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 11:46:32 AM
Don't lie, jackass.

That's how I installed it, dumbshit. You don't even have Ubuntu.

guff

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 18, 2007, 11:46:38 AM
You'll need to install your ISP's Linux drivers to get it to connect to the internet. But please note, not all ISP's support Linux.
In fact, only MSN does.

ncba93ivyase

Go Up