April 23, 2024, 02:52:20 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Cancer

Started by Selkie, August 17, 2007, 05:59:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

I recently found out my grandmother has cancer. It was certainly a blow, because no one in my immediate family has had cancer. I dreaded this. I always feared a family member of mine getting cancer.

I just wanted to ask fellow Boyagers if they have ever had someone close who got cancer, and how they dealt with it.

YPrrrr

No. Sorry about your grandma poppy;

Houdini

Two close family friends died of lung cancer. Neither smoked.

Daddy

Yes, but not anyone I actually knew. My great aunt died, but I only saw her once or twice.  It really didn't have  an emotional effect.

I know this sounds stupid, but I did have a dog that had cancer and we had to put her to sleep. I was upset about that but nothing else would work, it kept coming back after operations.  I'm in no way comparing your grandmother to a dog, but that's the only way I can relate.

Losing a family member is far worse than losing a pet(most of the time).

Sorry.

reeper

My uncle had it and passed away from it. He was a great man and everyone would be able to identify his laugh from a mile away. I love hanging out with people with funny distinct laughs.

Bushy

My Grandpa had Colon Cancer

He was normally 6'0

the dya befire he died he was my height, 5'5
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

FAMY2

My Mom had cancer when she was young. I have had it twice. People do survive cancer all the time.

Fireman.exe

My grandmother died from Lung cancer in '00. She smoked all of her life, it was really sad to know that she caused her own fate.

Lozal

My father when I was five [lymphoma], my grandma when I was 6, my grandpa when I was 3, my friend's sister.

Probably more that I'm forgetting, but oh well.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Tomboh

Quote from: Clair on August 18, 2007, 09:39:28 PM
I have had it twice.
psyduck;

Something I didn't know there. Also, my aunt died of lung cancer.

NOA_Haunted

My great grandma died this year of brest cancer, my mom found out she had cancer but she got it taken out , now my aunt (by marriage) has breast cancer.

Gman61

Quote from: Super Mario Galaxy on August 17, 2007, 05:59:36 PM
I recently found out my grandmother has cancer. It was certainly a blow, because no one in my immediate family has had cancer. I dreaded this. I always feared a family member of mine getting cancer.

I just wanted to ask fellow Boyagers if they have ever had someone close who got cancer, and how they dealt with it.
My grandpa and grandma got it but they are both survivors. I just tried to spend as much time with them as possible

bleedingassassin

My grandmother died from diabetes. I never really knew her and I was only 3 years old when she died so. >_> I don't think any1 close to me died. I should be grateful for that! :D

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: bleedingassassin on December 15, 2007, 07:08:40 AM
My grandmother died from diabetes. I never really knew her and I was only 3 years old when she died so. >_> I don't think any1 close to me died. I should be grateful for that! :D
My grandmother also died from diabetes, she was a great lady.
Sorry for your Grandma bro, I'll pray for her recovery.
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up