May 02, 2024, 09:32:39 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The FDA, and natural cures

Started by Selkie, August 15, 2007, 06:25:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 26, 2007, 05:52:26 PM
Speaking of which, is there any Arthritis medication that actually cure Arthritis?
For the most part, no.  Though, it depends on which type.

Osteoarthritis, the most common type, is largely just wear and tear on the affected joints, which would be difficult to "cure" at all, let alone with drugs.  Joint replacement surgery could help, but it's not perfect.  There are also a few very exotic treatments with large, pseudoscientificish names, such as Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance and Radiosynoviorthesis.

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks the joints.  As such, it may be curable at some point, but not currently.  There is a class of drugs (DMARDs) that does somewhat of a better job than most other treatments at stopping the causes rather than just treating the pain, though.

Juvenile idiopathic arthritis, the most common form in children, can kind-of-sort-of-possibly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs.

Septic arthritis can usually be taken care of with antibiotics.  There's a whole host of other diseases which can include arthritis.  Curing the primary disease would most likely take care of the arthritis, or at least prevent it from progressing, though it would depend on the disease.

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 27, 2007, 12:02:04 PM
For the most part, no.  Though, it depends on which type.

Osteoarthritis, the most common type, is largely just wear and tear on the affected joints, which would be difficult to "cure" at all, let alone with drugs.  Joint replacement surgery could help, but it's not perfect.  There are also a few very exotic treatments with large, pseudoscientificish names, such as Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance and Radiosynoviorthesis.

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks the joints.  As such, it may be curable at some point, but not currently.  There is a class of drugs (DMARDs) that does somewhat of a better job than most other treatments at stopping the causes rather than just treating the pain, though.

Juvenile idiopathic arthritis, the most common form in children, can kind-of-sort-of-possibly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs.

Septic arthritis can usually be taken care of with antibiotics.  There's a whole host of other diseases which can include arthritis.  Curing the primary disease would most likely take care of the arthritis, or at least prevent it from progressing, though it would depend on the disease.

Theoretically, Osteoarthritis can be healed with hypnosis (or some sort of subliminal something) . There's a book somewhere that claimed to have a true story about an old man beating Cancer with his mind alone.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 04:33:14 PM
Theoretically, Osteoarthritis can be healed with hypnosis (or some sort of subliminal something) . There's a book somewhere that claimed to have a true story about an old man beating Cancer with his mind alone.
Who came up with this theory?  What evidence is there?

Cool, there's also a book about a seaman seeking revenge on a mythical whale and bringing his unwitting crew down with him in the process.

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 27, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Cool, there's also a book about a seaman seeking revenge on a mythical whale and bringing his unwitting crew down with him in the process.

Please don't over exaggerate like that. The book has a title that has something to do about genies and your subconscious (the book is about treating your subconscious like a genie or something), and I thought I've seen at least 1 study somewhere...... But the only way I could prove it (for now) is to find that old man and have him tell you how he beat Cancer (assuming he did), but that would be hard.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 04:45:54 PM
Please don't over exaggerate like that. The book has a title that has something to do about genies and your subconscious (the book is about treating your subconscious like a genie or something), and I thought I've seen at least 1 study somewhere...... But the only way I could prove it (for now) is to find that old man and have him tell you how he beat Cancer (assuming he did), but that would be hard.
Lay off the cartoons, kid.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

How did I exaggerate, let alone overly so?  psyduck;

So, basically, you still don't have any proof.

also i agree with lawlz

...ugly;

musica.cards

August 27, 2007, 04:52:25 PM #66 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:55:37 PM by some_person
Quote from: Lawlz on August 27, 2007, 04:48:54 PM
Lay off the cartoons, kid.

Lay off the retardation, kid.

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 27, 2007, 04:49:26 PM
How did I exaggerate, let alone overly so?  psyduck;

So, basically, you still don't have any proof.

also i agree with lawlz

...ugly;

By this:

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 27, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

The book I'm talking about is a non-fiction book, but that part of the book is questionable. And yes, I've yet to find solid proof (the only proof I have isn't very solid).

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 04:52:25 PM

Comics=funnies=cartoons=comics=books

And heed your own advice.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 04:52:25 PM
I think you missed the point.

aw shit spoiled it

musica.cards

Quote from: Lawlz on August 27, 2007, 04:54:29 PM
Comics=funnies=cartoons=comics=books

And heed your own advice.

This is Serious Discussion, if you don't mind, I'm just a kid at most (I would like to leave the other internet stuff alone while I'm posting in this board), anyways, I also said that it's a non fiction book, and I said that the story is questionable and I have no way to prove it (I want to, but I can't). And also do keep in mind that there are kids who don't know how to debate (I know how to debate, but I'm just not good with coming up with evidence, I want to, but I can't).

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 27, 2007, 04:56:11 PM
I think you missed the point.

I think Lawlz did too (seeing how he missed the "non-fiction" part of that post)

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 05:39:01 PM
  I also said that it's a non fiction book, and I said that the story is questionable and I have no way to prove it (I want to, but I can't)

until then its fiction

Also, I doubt I'm much older than you, if at all.

musica.cards

Quote from: Lawlz on August 27, 2007, 05:40:14 PM
until then its fiction

Also, I doubt I'm much older than you, if at all.

I know, but while debating (in this board), please acknowledge that I'm just a teen (the other parts of the internet, why not, but here, this is as close to real life we can get online). Also, just a non-fictional books contains fiction to explain stuff, that doesn't mean that the whole non-fictional book is fictional.

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 05:39:01 PM
...I also said that it's a non fiction book, and I said that the story is questionable and I have no way to prove it...
so uh what makes it [glow=red,2,300]non[/glow]fiction then

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 05:43:00 PM
...please acknowledge that I'm just a teen...
That's not an excuse. psyduck;

Lawlz is a teen, too.  So am I.  So is just about everyone else here.

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 27, 2007, 05:52:32 PM
so uh what makes it [glow=red,2,300]non[/glow]fiction then

When (most of) the book explains how to do stuff or has proven research of the subject at hand (little fictional references don't make a whole non-fiction book fiction, for fictional references usually used as an example).

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 27, 2007, 05:52:32 PM
That's not an excuse. psyduck;

Lawlz is a teen, too.  So am I.  So is just about everyone else here.

I feel it's a valid excuse, you guys have a IQ of about 150+ or something while I have the IQ of a regular, stereotypical teenager.

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 05:57:10 PM
When (most of) the book explains how to do stuff or has proven research of the subject at hand (little fictional references don't make a whole non-fiction book fiction, for fictional references usually used as an example).
I've yet to see any evidence of this research.
Quote from: some_person on August 27, 2007, 05:57:10 PM
I feel it's a valid excuse, you guys have a IQ of about 150+ or something while I have the IQ of a regular, stereotypical teenager.
Actually, Lawlz is an idiot, too.  He just sucks a tad less.

Go Up