April 18, 2024, 12:44:38 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The FDA, and natural cures

Started by Selkie, August 15, 2007, 06:25:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 26, 2007, 10:58:20 AM
How is asking for evidence and trying to debunk idiotic claims the same as trolling?  psyduck;

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 24, 2007, 12:05:29 PM
Quote from: some_person on August 23, 2007, 11:04:30 PM
You tell us. You were the one who wanted to get specific with the Arthritis.

That was Lawlz, idiot.  psyduck;

I don't know, you tell me.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Daddy

Quote from: steal on August 26, 2007, 11:12:29 AM
You're just trying to piss people off and get them to argue with you. The difference between you and most trolls is that, well, you win.
I don't see what Guff's doing wrong. 

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 26, 2007, 11:10:04 AM
I don't know, you tell me.
So, I'm supposed to tolerate idiots that don't even bother checking the first page, and can't offer any evidence to support their claims?  psyduck;

Quote from: steal on August 26, 2007, 11:12:29 AM
You're just trying to piss people off and get them to argue with you.
How do you figure that?

Okay, let's assume you're right.  Now, what should I be doing?

guff

Quote from: steal on August 26, 2007, 11:41:37 AM
You're doing exactly what you're supposed to be. Interrogating me and pissing me off. psyduck;

Now that we have that established, it's time to ignore you.
Oh, please let me apologize for trying to make idiots rethink their stances.

You're going to ignore me because I'm actually trying to debate in Serious Discussion? psyduck;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 26, 2007, 11:43:56 AM
Oh, please let me apologize for trying to make idiots rethink their stances.

You're going to ignore me because I'm actually trying to debate in Serious Discussion? psyduck;
I think that's his intention, yes. psyduck;

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 26, 2007, 11:33:45 AM
So, I'm supposed to tolerate idiots that don't even bother checking the first page, and can't offer any evidence to support their claims?  psyduck;

I want to provide the evidence, but at the moment, the evidence I have may not be taken seriously (even then, the only decent evidence I have is about curing warts, so if you want evidence, I can only refer you to a book), but if you want evidence to support hypnosis being able to prevent heart attacks (or at least reduce stress), just say the magic word, and I will (remember, it was Lawlz who mentioned Arthritis and you were the one who was bothering me about evidence about hypnosis curing Arthritis, which at the time I wasn't sure about).
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 26, 2007, 11:51:18 AM
I want to provide the evidence, but at the moment, the evidence I have may not be taken seriously (even then, the only decent evidence I have is about curing warts, so if you want evidence, I can only refer you to a book), but if you want evidence to support hypnosis being able to prevent heart attacks (or at least reduce stress), just say the magic word, and I will (remember, it was Lawlz who mentioned Arthritis and you were the one who was bothering me about evidence about hypnosis curing Arthritis, which at the time I wasn't sure about).
Just give some damn sources. psyduck;

guff

Quote from: steal on August 26, 2007, 11:56:35 AM
Ugh, you really know how to piss me off. Most of your posts don't contribute to this board at all. You never have any positive input on this board, you just point out everyone else's flaws in their arguments while you sit there and laugh at people's little mistakes and bouts of idiocy.

I'm not going to deny that this board is a piece of shit and that I don't help either, but you should at least try and come up with your own argument every once in a while instead of just criticizing everyone else's.
Uh, I'm pretty sure I'm sticking up for the belief that the FDA is not part of some cabal seeking to rob and kill the general population here. psyduck;

If ignorance goes unchecked, it's just going to get worse.  There needs to be someone refuting unsupported claims, and hardly anyone else is.  psyduck;

Also, you suck at ignoring me.

musica.cards

August 26, 2007, 12:36:35 PM #53 Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:10:24 PM by some_person
Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 26, 2007, 11:52:39 AM
Just give some damn sources. psyduck;

Well I thought my source had something about heart attacks (aka panic attacks), so based off of what hypnosis is supposed to do, you're going to have to take my word for it (for now), but I did find something for Arthritis pain relief (this is just a suggestion script for hypnosis). As for the warts, there's a book out there that has something to do with 200 homemade remedies (and stuff) by the TIME magazine editors (that's what I remember. I can't be sure for a week, when I can actually see the book again).

TheExAm

Quote from: some_person on August 26, 2007, 12:36:35 PM
Well I thought my source had something about heart attacks (aka panic attacks), so based off of what hypnosis is supposed to do, you're going to have to take my word for it (for now), but I did find something for Arthritis pain relief (this is just a suggestion script for hypnosis). As for the warts, there's a book out there that has something to do with 200 homemade remedies (and stuff) by the TIME magazine editors (that's what I remember. I can't be sure for a week, when I can actually see the book again).
Awesome server not found error there.

musica.cards

Quote from: TheExAm on August 26, 2007, 02:15:12 PM
Awesome server not found error there.

You lazy dumbass, remove the quotes yourself (while I edit the post for more lazy people like you)! it's not that hard.

Quote from: steal on August 26, 2007, 02:25:05 PM
www.jbennette.com/resources/arthritis_pain.htm
Fixed.

Thank you flower;

guff

Quote from: some_person on August 26, 2007, 12:36:35 PM
Hey, there's a nice bit at the bottom of the page:
QuoteDISCLAIMER: The resources in this website are complementary to medical and psychological resources. As such they are not intended to serve as substitutes for proper medical or psychological care.

Not to mention that it does not actually cite any studies.

Okay, warts might have some "natural" cures.  Cool.  But not everything does.  Nor will the cures necessarily be more effective than the appropriate medicine.

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 26, 2007, 05:14:41 PM
Hey, there's a nice bit at the bottom of the page:
Not to mention that it does not actually cite any studies.

Okay, warts might have some "natural" cures.  Cool.  But not everything does.  Nor will the cures necessarily be more effective than the appropriate medicine.

Pain is a feeling, is it not?

guff

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 26, 2007, 05:40:52 PM
Are you unsure of yourself?

No, just wanted to make sure we can all agree on that so I could tell you that hypnosis is supposed to only soothe (pains), and I acknowledge that hypnosis shouldn't be used by itself. Speaking of which, is there any Arthritis medication that actually cure Arthritis?

Go Up