June 04, 2024, 10:24:22 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The FDA, and natural cures

Started by Selkie, August 15, 2007, 06:25:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 28, 2007, 04:51:30 PM
probably wouldn't help; arthritis has nothing to do with muscles
it provides relief for some but not all. really just because it helps them relax, sometimes, maybe, not all the time

it does jack shit for those with rheumatoid arthritis since theyre all fucked up

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

musica.cards

Quote from: Lawlz on August 28, 2007, 04:57:33 PM
it provides relief for some but not all. really just because it helps them relax, sometimes, amybe, not all the time

it does jack shit for those with rheumatoid arthritis since theyre all fucked up

What about massaging the joints?

Quote from: Lawlz on August 28, 2007, 04:49:56 PM
I'd rather get a massage that loosens my joints.

Doesn't that sound better (forgetting about how idiotic this edit/post looks)?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on August 28, 2007, 04:57:33 PM
it provides relief for some but not all. really just because it helps them relax, sometimes, maybe, not all the time
okay so it doesn't sound all that effective
Quote from: some_person on August 28, 2007, 05:00:03 PM
What about massaging the joints?
No. psyduck;
that would not somehow repair the cartilage and reverse the joint damage

musica.cards

Quote from: Lawlz on August 28, 2007, 05:00:40 PM
It sounds stupid.

Forgetting about that, does the concept sound better? Did I get (a) cause of Arthritis right?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

ncba93ivyase

musica.cards

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 28, 2007, 05:02:19 PM
No. psyduck;
that would not somehow repair the cartilage and reverse the joint damage

What about bruises? How do we make the bruise go away (or at least make the color of the bruise lighter)?

Quote from: Lawlz on August 28, 2007, 05:05:15 PM
anything beats hyponosis

True, the only thing hypnosis can do is alter the feeling of pain (or speed up the healing of cuts, for example).

V

Quote from: some_person on August 28, 2007, 05:05:55 PM
What about bruises? How do we make the bruise go away (or at least make the color of the bruise lighter)?

You can't stop it.  psyduck; That's your body fixing the bruise by breaking down and reabsorbing the blood, which can cause the bruise to go through many colors of the rainbow before it eventually disappears.

musica.cards

Quote from: The Joker on August 28, 2007, 05:08:56 PM
You can't stop it.  psyduck; That's your body fixing the bruise by breaking down and reabsorbing the blood, which can cause the bruise to go through many colors of the rainbow before it eventually disappears.

Massaging the skin in the area of the bruise doesn't make the color of/the bruise go away faster? psyduck;

V

Quote from: some_person on August 28, 2007, 05:11:05 PM
Massaging the skin in the area of the bruise doesn't make the color of/the bruise go away faster? psyduck;

It can definitely help speed up the process by breaking up the blood that has pooled underneath the skin, but not by much. Plus it'll hurt like a bitch.

musica.cards

Quote from: The Joker on August 28, 2007, 05:14:01 PM
It can definitely help speed up the process by breaking up the blood that has pooled underneath the skin, but not by much. Plus it'll hurt like a bitch.

To me, it will just hurt, anyways, if "It can definitely help speed up the process by breaking up the blood that has pooled underneath the skin", then what about repairing the cartilage in the area where the Arthritis pain is? The concept sounds about right.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: some_person on August 28, 2007, 05:20:30 PM
To me, it will just hurt, anyways, if "It can definitely help speed up the process by breaking up the blood that has pooled underneath the skin", then what about repairing the cartilage in the area where the Arthritis pain is? The concept sounds about right.
cool

how would you go about doing this

V

Quote from: some_person on August 28, 2007, 05:20:30 PM

Massaging will not repair the cartilage. You are talking about simply helping bruises heal quicker, and mind you it won't be by much.

This should answer your question on massaging and if it can help "cure" athritis:

"Acutely inflamed joints should not be massaged but temporary relief can be obtained by very light, fast circular brushing movements over the affected area to help interrupt pain signals and distract from the main source of pain.  Deeper massage above and below an affected joint will help increase overall circulation and help distract from the pain area."

Keyword: distract. Not necessarily heal.

musica.cards

Quote from: The Joker on August 28, 2007, 05:31:46 PM
Massaging will not repair the cartilage. You are talking about simply helping bruises heal quicker, and mind you it won't be by much.

This should answer your question on massaging and if it can help "cure" athritis:

"Acutely inflamed joints should not be massaged but temporary relief can be obtained by very light, fast circular brushing movements over the affected area to help interrupt pain signals and distract from the main source of pain.  Deeper massage above and below an affected joint will help increase overall circulation and help distract from the pain area."

Keyword: distract. Not necessarily heal.

Well so much for that idea sweat; Well I'm out of ideas (the only thing I can say is that hypnosis can be used to stop feeling Arthritis pain (just watch this (hopefully I got the right video, it should talk about hypnosis, and it should have a part that has the subject not feel any pain from a bit of really hot water))). So unless I come up with another (reasonable) idea, I will leave this debate.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: some_person on August 28, 2007, 05:53:40 PM
Well so much for that idea sweat; Well I'm out of ideas (the only thing I can say is that hypnosis can be used to stop feeling Arthritis pain (just watch this (hopefully I got the right video, it should talk about hypnosis, and it should have a part that has the subject not feel any pain from a bit of really hot water))). So unless I come up with another (reasonable) idea, I will leave this debate.
cut it (you know what I'm talking about(the parentheses(the little semicircle things(the stuff this text is in(and this text)))))

Go Up