March 28, 2024, 02:09:02 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I call bullshit but (SC2)

Started by reeper, April 30, 2007, 11:10:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

This is what someone posted on my school's myspace foums

QuoteStarCraft 2 will be revealed for the first time to the world at Blizzard's World Wide Invitational (WWI) on May 19th.

25일 게임업계에 따르면 블리자드 엔터테인먼트 코리아(이하 블리자드 코리아)는 5월 19일 시작되는 WWI에서 <스타크래프트2>의 동영상과 게임 내용을 최초로 발표할 것으로 확인됐다. 또, <스타크래프트2> 핵심 개발자들이 현장에 참석해 질의응답 시간도 진행된다.

On the 25th, according to the game developers, it has been confirmed that Blizzard Entertainment Korea (aka Blizzard Korea) will present VODs and game content at the WWI that is starting on May 19th. Also, StarCraft 2's main developers will also attend to answer some questions.

<스타크래프트2>는 3D로 개발되고 있으며, 새로운 종족이 추가되고 기존 종족의 유닛과 특성에 많은 변화가 있을 것으로 확인됐다. 이외의 자세한 내용은 WWI에서도 일부만 공개될 것으로 보인다.

It has been confirmed that StarCraft 2 is being developed in 3D, a new race has been added and existing units' characteristics will have many changes. Additional details will only be revealed to certain parts of WWI.

블리자드는 이번 <스타크래프트2> 발표를 위해 100개가 넘는 해외 매체들을 WWI에 초청했으며, 서울 올림픽 체조경기장과 펜싱 경기장을 동시에 사용하는 단일 게임행사 최대 규모의 공간을 마련했다.

Blizzard has invited over 100 international media and has prepared both Seoul Olympic Gymnastics Stadium and Fencing Stadium for this event -- the biggest area ever for a short-term game event.

<스타크래프트2>의 발표 작업은 현재 극비리에 진행되고 있으며, 블리자드 코리아 핵심 관계자들만 정확한 내용과 상황을 알고 있는 것으로 알려졌다. 블리자드가 차기작을 발표할 때 항상 그래왔듯 â,˜최고의 깜짝 발표â,,,를 선보이기 위해 5월 19일 이전에는 어떤 정보 공개나 발표도 없을 예정이다.

StarCraft 2's announcement preparation is proceeding with secrecy, and only the core group at Blizzard Korea knows the specific details and situation. As they have done in the past, Blizzard is not planning to reveal or release any details for the "best surprise announcement".

하지만 이미 블리자드 전현직 관계자를 통해 신뢰성 있는 정보가 흘러나오고 있으며, 블리자드 본사에서 근무했다가 퇴사한 북미 개발자들의 지인을 통해 <스타크래프트2>의 제작 사실과 이번 WWI에서 발표가 있을 것이라는 사실이 확인됐다.

However, trustworthy information is being leaked from previous Blizzard employees, and through an acquaintance of ex-Blizzard North employees, StarCraft 2's development and its announcement at the WWI has been confirmed.

지난 2월 28일 내한했던 마이크 모하임 블리자드 대표도 â,"5월 WWI에서 깜짝 놀랄만한 발표가 있을 것â,이라며 차기작 발표에 대한 암시를 준 바 있으며, 블리자드 코리아도 25일 보도자료를 통해 미공개 차기작의 발표를 예고한 상태다.

Last February 28th, Blizzard president, Mike Morhaime, has hinted that "At the WWI in May, there will be a surprise announcement" for the announcement of a sequel, Blizzard Korea has confirmed, on the 25th, an unrevealed sequel's announcement.

블리자드 코리아의 박영목 이사는 â,"차기작에 관해서는 현재 답변 드릴 내용이 없다. 차기작은 19일 WWI에서 발표할 것이다. 19일 현장에 와서 확인하기 바란다â,며 <스타크래프트2>가 19일날 발표될 차기작임을 확인해 달라는 요청을 거부했다.

Blizzard Korea's Park Young-Mok director said "There is not content available for answer for the sequel. The sequel will be released at the WWI on the 19th. Please confirm it at the site on the 19th" and denied the confirmation on if StarCraft 2 is indeed the sequel that is to be announced on the 19th.

MBC게임의 이상호 국장은 â,"솔직히 기대 반, 걱정 반이다. 일단 2편이 e스포츠 중계에 적합한 형태가 된다면 신규 게이머도 많이 유입되고 업계도 더욱 발전할 것이다. 그러나 만일 <워크래프트 3>처럼 중계하기 쉽지 않은 형태로 나올 경우 <스타크래프트> 팬들은 2편에 몰리는데 정작 기존 리그는 하향세를 겪을 수도 있을 것이다â,라며 신중한 입장을 보였다.

MBC Game's Lee Sang-Ho head said "Frankly, it's half anticipation and half worry. If SC2 is released in a form that is compatible with e-sports broadcast, there will be many new gamers and the entire industry will develop. However if it comes out in a form that is not easy to broadcast, like WarCraft 3, StarCraft fans will focus on the sequel while the original league will suffer a decline", expressing a cautious mindset.

온게임넷의 <스타크래프트> 해설자 엄재경 씨는 â,"블리자드는 이미 <워크래프트 3>를 통해서 국내 게이머와 해외 게이머 간의 성향 차이를 파악했을 것이다. 때문에 보다 밸런스가 맞춰진 형태의, e스포츠를 염두에 둔 형태로 나올 것으로 기대한다. 반면, e스포츠 리그는 현재 <스타크래프트> 중심의 판도가 당장 바뀌진 않을 것으로 생각하며, <스타크래프트2>를 중심으로 한 새로운 리그가 형성되어 전체적인 시장 규모가 커질 것으로 본다. 게이머의 한 사람으로서 정말 기대된다â,고 말했다.

OnGameNet's StarCraft commentator Um Jae-Kyung said "Blizzard has probably already grasped the difference between this nation's gamers and foreign gamers' difference in inclination through WarCraft 3. So I'm hoping for a more balanced structure, a structure with e-sports in mind. However, I believe that the e-sports league will continue to focus on StarCraft and a new league focusing on StarCraft 2 will form, the industry growing bigger as a result. As a gamer, I'm really looking forward to it.

올해로 3회째를 맞는 블리자드 â,˜월드와이드 인비테이셔널â,,,은 5월 19일과 20일 이틀간 서울 올림픽 체조경기장과 역도 경기장에서 열리며, <워크래프트3> 래더 시즌5 아시아 지역 예선과 제1회 <월드 오브 워크래프트> 아레나 토너먼트 오프라인 지역 결선 등 다양한 e스포츠 경기 및 이벤트가 마련될 예정이다

Blizzard's WWI is on its third year and will take place from May 19th to 20th at the Seoul Olympic Gymnastics Stadium and Weight Lifting Stadium (translator's note: I thought it was fencing? o.O). Many e-sports games as well as events such as WarCraft 3 ladder season 5 Asia region preliminaries, for the first time, a World of Warcraft Arena Tournament Off-line Regional Finals will take place.

source:
http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=52433

their source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=95251&category=102

About time Blizzard...about time...

ncba93ivyase

The only thing Blizzard has said is that they're making a new MMO, they plan on reviving Starcraft, and it'll be unveiled May 19.

That could mean it's a Starcraft MMO, but it could also be an expansion upon the Lost Vikings or Warcraft.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on May 01, 2007, 01:08:49 PM
The only thing Blizzard has said is that they're making a new MMO, they plan on reviving Starcraft, and it'll be unveiled May 19.

That could mean it's a Starcraft MMO, but it could also be an expansion upon the Lost Vikings or Warcraft.
They've announced Diablo 3 and Warcraft 4; so it'll probably be Diablo 3 but I defiantly will not be sad, diablo is awesome. I just like Starcraft a wee bit more.

UnagiPower

I still play starcraft   sweat; All those little battlenet mods are crazy fun  wub;

Gambit17

Starcraft is the shit. Use map settings games are awesome, but pit me with a fastest game any day over them. yes;

Go Up