April 18, 2024, 12:13:57 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Don Imus and Racism

Started by Rugals, April 17, 2007, 02:11:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rugals

April 17, 2007, 02:11:03 PM Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:18:29 PM by Rugals
I think this issue is being blown out of proportion.
People act like this is a huge revelation. "Oh, no! Racism exists in America still!"

People who think America didn't have racist people have never lived south of Oklahoma.

Your thoughts?

ClassicTyler

It's stupid.
If we expect peace for the world, we must have peace within our Nation first.

Daddy

What exactly did he say?

I still don't know the exact comment that offended everyone.

Rugals

Quote from: JMV290 on April 17, 2007, 02:12:33 PM
What exactly did he say?

The conversation was something like,
"Those are some tough hos, there."
"Yep. Those are definitely some nappy-headed hos."

Honestly, I don't find that too offensive. But I'm white, so maybe that's just because it has nothing to do with my race.

Lozal

People are taking this comment too far. He meant it as a joke. He has been joking around like this for what, 30 years? Why is everyone concerned now?
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lozal on April 17, 2007, 02:25:21 PM
People are taking this comment too far. He meant it as a joke. He has been joking around like this for what, 30 years? Why is everyone concerned now?

Because he's a white man.

Minorities are so damn concerned about having equal rights, yet they don't give a shit if anyone other than the white man says something offensive to them. It's fucking ridiculous.

anus

hay y u talk bout oklahoma liek taht? tahts mah state, baby.

But yeah, I fucking hate how ignorant people are down here. They are more ignorant that racist. Everytime someone hears that I'm a Muslim, they think "im goin 2 blow dem up lol." It was like that once at a trip to the dentists. This guy heard us talking in Arabic, and asked what language that is. After we told him, he said, "You're not going to blow me up are you? heheheh". He kept insisting on total crap, like that you'd be killed if you're a Christian and you went over there, which is total shit.

God, this place is ignorant.
dicks

mariofreak55

WHO FUCKING CARES?

God. If I was black, I wouldn't care. I'm Iranian, and sure, I'd rather people don't call me a terrorist, but if someone does, I don't really care.

reeper

Quote from: mariofreak55 on April 18, 2007, 04:32:18 PM
WHO FUCKING CARES?

God. If I was black, I wouldn't care. I'm Iranian, and sure, I'd rather people don't call me a terrorist, but if someone does, I don't really care.
I'm sure it would be a little different if you were black though.

mariofreak55

Quote from: xfollowthereaperx on April 18, 2007, 04:59:38 PM
Quote from: mariofreak55 on April 18, 2007, 04:32:18 PM
WHO CragING CARES?

I'm sure it would be a little different if you were black though.
Doubt it. And I went to a Rutgers game when I was in their town, and the male team has like no black guys...

Charizard-level100

I do believe it was blown out of proportion, but it wasn't right for him to say that either. There's no reason for that kind of disrespect to anyone. I don't think he should have been fired though.

Though the comment didn't offend me directly, seeing as how I'm white, I was somewhat offended because of the fact that a lot of my friends are black, and I don't appreciate racist comments about anyone. Does the fact that Don Imus is white make the comment racist? Probably, in fact, that's a definite yes for most people. However, I don't think it should matter whether Imus is black or white or whatever. The comment was inappropriate and it's offensive no matter who says it, in my opinion.

Perhaps one, if not the only, good result of this situation is the fact that offensive material in the media is getting a little more attention, and hopefully things will be cleaned up somewhat.

metal eyeball

Quote from: JMV290 on April 17, 2007, 02:12:33 PM
What exactly did he say?

Called some WBA players "nappy headed hoes".

Andrew1911

Of all the dumbass comments he's made in his career, this is the one that finally got him?  psyduck;

cackslop

I'm not racist...I just expect most minorities to be trash.

I guess it's just being raised around blacks, mexicans and hmongs....they all have their own gangs and breed hatred, violence, and poverty. Where in america are their white gangsters?

I suppose i'm generalizing this but i believe what rev. martin luther king said "Judge us not by the color of our skin, but the content of our character"...and that is exactly what i do.

That man is more of a man than any person i've met.

Embrace Your Carnal Urges.

Selkie

I don't think it is very racist, but if he was stupid enough to take the risk in saying it, with all the extreme sensitivity about these topics, I think he deserves to get punisded anyway, just for being a fucking dumbass  psyduck;

Go Up