April 16, 2024, 06:30:42 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What's wrong with _______?

Started by musica.cards, August 09, 2007, 08:53:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

musica.cards

Quote from: Houdini on August 09, 2007, 11:28:01 PM
Teachers get notoriously low paychecks. My mom could tell you all about it.

Don't teachers get some benefits from schools if the kids do well?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Houdini

Quote from: some_person on August 09, 2007, 11:29:37 PM
Don't teachers get some benefits from schools if the kids do well?
They get the benefit of not getting fired, but that's about it.

musica.cards

Quote from: Houdini on August 09, 2007, 11:30:46 PM
They get the benefit of not getting fired, but that's about it.

Hmmmmmm..... What about the government?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Daddy

Quote from: some_person on August 10, 2007, 12:00:55 AM
Hmmmmmm..... What about the government?
What about it?  That it doesn't care about anyone who can't make financial contributions to the politicians?  That it doesn't care about those who actually work for a living and are struggling to make money?

musica.cards

Quote from: JMV290 on August 10, 2007, 12:03:59 AM
What about it?  That it doesn't care about anyone who can't make financial contributions to the politicians?  That it doesn't care about those who actually work for a living and are struggling to make money?

Doesn't the government gain money from schools somehow (or at least some kind of benefit)?

Daddy

Quote from: some_person on August 10, 2007, 12:24:11 AM
Doesn't the government gain money from schools somehow (or at least some kind of benefit)?
The government pays for the schools.  And they aren't giving nearly enough money.

reeper

School is important but the ways they teach aren't effective. We'd have to spend a lot of tax dollars to make it more effective. Make the kids that learn the same way in the same class rooms. Fire bad teachers as well. The way we teach is half baby sitting, half "learn this shit yourself" in my opinion. I don't think I learned anything in Highschool I didn't already know in Junior High and Elementary School. I learned a lot more on my own but of course I couldn't get on my own without those important years of Elementary School.

I'd have not so good English, not too many math skills.

musica.cards

Quote from: reefer on August 10, 2007, 12:27:36 AM
School is important but the ways they teach aren't effective. We'd have to spend a lot of tax dollars to make it more effective. Make the kids that learn the same way in the same class rooms. Fire bad teachers as well. The way we teach is half baby sitting, half "learn this shit yourself" in my opinion. I don't think I learned anything in Highschool I didn't already know in Junior High and Elementary School. I learned a lot more on my own but of course I couldn't get on my own without those important years of Elementary School.

I'd have not so good English, not too many math skills.

I'm not so confident on my English either, but my English is good enough (to me), and you bring up a good point, why waste our tax money on schools if we are not learning anything (how many people cheat on their tests? v;)?

Houdini

Quote from: JMV290 on August 10, 2007, 12:26:40 AM
The government pays for the schools.  And they aren't giving nearly enough money.
Precisely. The money that should be going to things like schools is being pumped into Iraq.

musica.cards

Quote from: Houdini on August 10, 2007, 05:20:09 PM
Precisely. The money that should be going to things like schools is being pumped into Iraq.

That makes sense.

Houdini

Gin

Nothing. Then again, for a public school, my school is actually really good, so that's probably got something to do wih my reasoning.

Selkie

They should begin to focus on the interests of the indavidial by at least 9th grade. And I mean totally focus on their specific interests, not just one class. I mean, you go to school, to become educated in what you want to do when you grow up.

High school is bullshit memorization. WAY too many kids leave high school with no idea what they want to do. High school should explore the interests in the students and help them find their place in the future.

Houdini

Quote from: Ripster on August 12, 2007, 06:28:04 PM
They should begin to focus on the interests of the indavidial by at least 9th grade. And I mean totally focus on their specific interests, not just one class. I mean, you go to school, to become educated in what you want to do when you grow up.

High school is bullshit memorization. WAY too many kids leave high school with no idea what they want to do. High school should explore the interests in the students and help them find their place in the future.
They're starting to do that here in Texas. Personally, I think it kinda sucks because it could potentially close educational doors

Zack777

History is important, we learn about politics! We need to know because we would know when history is repeating it-self in a BAD WAY

As for art, your school my not have a good art program but my school has a pretty tight ass program, LAST HEAR I LEARNED FLASH 8. Spending 1-2 hours on a Big Mac doing vector art sound pretty kick ass huh

Go Up