April 18, 2024, 12:24:23 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What's wrong with _______?

Started by musica.cards, August 09, 2007, 08:53:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

musica.cards

What's wrong with school?

School's coming up. We are ending our summer vacations to buy school supplies and going to school. Some of us are going into High School, some of us are returning to High School, some of us are going into Collage. But is school really useful? What about our tax dollars? Are they being wasted on classes we don't need? Is the money going to the staff for their personal gain? What do you think about school?

Me, I find that some of the classes at school don't need to be taught (such as history and art, those are good things to know, should it really effect our future?), but unfortunately, in today's society, they need to be taught, and we need to prove that we learned stuff that's not really important to real life, otherwise, no employer will take us seriously when trying to get a job. If schools can offer us classes that will help us reach our goals (while teaching the important stuff, like English), that would makes schools so much better (basically, we should be able to learn what we want to learn, plus the important stuff (since when was history helpful to a grocery store clerk?)), and it would help us become successful.

Enough about me, tell me what you think about schools.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

anus

Math and Science are necessary.

But the rest are important or not, depending on what you want to be when you grow up.
dicks

musica.cards

Quote from: the jockyman on August 09, 2007, 09:27:17 PM
Math and Science are necessary.

But the rest are important or not, depending on what you want to be when you grow up.

I can agree with that.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

ncba93ivyase

My only problem is that schools don't give us enough freedom. No, I'm not complaining about strict dress codes or anything, but the fact we're supposed to continue to take a class every year and we learn nothing new. The prime example would be English. Really, I don't think four years that are nothing but review of things that were learned in middle school is necessary. Since I have to spend four years of high school taking English, and my senior year has to be packed with government and science classes (the latter of which I have no problem with), I have no chance to take any classes that I'm actually interested in and will be a part of my future--art and technology.

Why must so much be required? Why must there be at least three years of science and mathematics suggested, but four years required for those that wish to be involved with art or attend a college? Why do we need four years of rehashes written by a jackass like Shakespeare? Why can't we have a chance to take more classes that will aid us in our future? I mean, there is a three year art program at my school... but for anyone interested in art, you have to take calculus and trigonometry. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

musica.cards

Quote from: Lawlz on August 09, 2007, 09:38:41 PM
My only problem is that schools don't give us enough freedom. No, I'm not complaining about strict dress codes or anything, but the fact we're supposed to continue to take a class every year and we learn nothing new. The prime example would be English. Really, I don't think four years that are nothing but review of things that were learned in middle school is necessary. Since I have to spend four years of high school taking English, and my senior year has to be packed with government and science classes (the latter of which I have no problem with), I have no chance to take any classes that I'm actually interested in and will be a part of my future--art and technology.

Why must so much be required? Why must there be at least three years of science and mathematics suggested, but four years required for those that wish to be involved with art or attend a college? Why do we need four years of rehashes written by a jackass like Shakespeare? Why can't we have a chance to take more classes that will aid us in our future? I mean, there is a three year art program at my school... but for anyone interested in art, you have to take calculus and trigonometry. psyduck;

But why must schools force us to take such classes? Money?

anus

Quote from: Lawlz on August 09, 2007, 09:38:41 PM

The fuck? You need to take calc. and trig. to take art?
dicks

prettygirl

i'm going into middle school, fyi. 8th grade.

and. i'm really worried about going to school.
i'm going into a different scene, a public school, and i'm afraid i won't know the material like the other kids do. i'm pretty bright and learn fast, but i haven't learned a lot about things that regular schools teach, and i'm worried that's gonna effect my grades and possibly my futue.

i really love language arts.
but i hate math (it really frustrates me)
and i haven't been very interested in science so far.

Reverse Psychology

The part I hate the most is being forced to learn a new language, and I am pathetic at Spanish.

10th grade fyi

Blaze-Senpai

I never understood this myself. Most people won't even use Algebra on a day-to-day basic unless you're a fucking accountant or something to that effect. I already know how to fucking write a essay, it doesn't need to be super-fucking-perfect does it? You mispell one word and can possibly fail the class (It's happened)

Houdini

You guys are missing the point. The idea of school is to keep kids in check until they're old enough to realize how stupid they are, wisen up, and go to college.

musica.cards

Quote from: prettygirl on August 09, 2007, 11:05:27 PM
i'm going into middle school, fyi. 8th grade.

and. i'm really worried about going to school.
i'm going into a different scene, a public school, and i'm afraid i won't know the material like the other kids do. i'm pretty bright and learn fast, but i haven't learned a lot about things that regular schools teach, and i'm worried that's gonna effect my grades and possibly my futue.

i really love language arts.
but i hate math (it really frustrates me)
and i haven't been very interested in science so far.

I take it you were homeschooled?

Quote from: Houdini on August 09, 2007, 11:14:37 PM
You guys are missing the point. The idea of school is to keep kids in check until they're old enough to realize how stupid they are, wisen up, and go to college.

I thought it was about making the school staff rich gonk;

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: some_person on August 09, 2007, 11:21:53 PM
I thought it was about making the school staff rich gonk;
You realize teachers aren't payed much, right?

prettygirl

Quote from: some_person on August 09, 2007, 11:21:53 PM
I take it you were homeschooled?

no.
i went to a charter like k-8 school for 6th and 7th grade.
they didn't teach us much except for how to "communicate" with ourselves.

so i'm pretty much screwed.

musica.cards

Quote from: Thief888 on August 09, 2007, 11:22:57 PM

Not if you have to pay a teacher to quit (or something like that) gentleman; Seriously though, awhile ago, there was a proposition to stop that kind of stuff from happening.

Houdini

Quote from: Thief888 on August 09, 2007, 11:22:57 PM
Teachers get notoriously low paychecks. My mom could tell you all about it.

Go Up