This is something you athiests should think about (that includes me v;)

Started by musica.cards, April 29, 2007, 08:55:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

musica.cards

Quote from: JMV290 on May 01, 2007, 02:50:44 PM
Quote from: some_person on May 01, 2007, 01:38:48 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on May 01, 2007, 01:31:38 PM
When you die, you're dead. There's nothing to it.  Once you die you are never coming back.

Not yourself, but will you be another person (it's you, but it isn't, do you see things in the 1st person view?)?
No.   I believe that is reincarnation. 

People don't have souls.   They just exist.  Nothing to it.

No, that's not what I mean, if you die, will you "see" darkness? Or will you see in 1st person again (a new life)? It may not be you (I'm using the 1st person thing as an example).
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Daddy

No,  you just stop existing in any state.

Physical, mental, spiritual, emontional, and any other manner.

Once you're dead nothing happens.

musica.cards

Sure, you don't exist anymore once you die, but what about someone else? As far as I know, someone else may have the same 1st person view as I do when I would die.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Lozal

Quote from: some_person on May 01, 2007, 03:11:38 PM
Sure, you don't exist anymore once you die, but what about someone else? As far as I know, someone else may have the same 1st person view as I do when I would die.

So, what you're saying is, that we turn into someone else when we die?
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

musica.cards

Quote from: Lozal on May 01, 2007, 04:02:45 PM

So, what you're saying is, that we turn into someone else when we died?

I can't prove that, but it's an idea, will we ever have the same prospective again once we die?

Lozal

Quote from: some_person on May 01, 2007, 04:05:31 PM

I can't prove that, but it's an idea, will we ever have the same prospective again once we die?
That would be reincarnation. I don't know. I mean, I'm not even sure if I believe in God.

musica.cards

Quote from: Lozal on May 01, 2007, 04:08:04 PM

That would be reincarnation. I don't know. I mean, I'm not even sure if I believe in God.

But it's not you.

Lozal

Quote from: some_person on May 01, 2007, 04:12:01 PM

But it's not you.
Reincarnation is when you are reborn into something or someone else. You don't remember your past lives.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Lozal on May 01, 2007, 04:12:53 PM
Quote from: some_person on May 01, 2007, 04:12:01 PM

But it's not you.
Reincarnation is when you are reborn into something or someone else. You don't remember your past lives.
There is always the possiblity that it can happen. You could be reborn in another universe, and when you recall your supposed past, you're classified as a lunatic.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

reeper

Either nothing or a whole new life, I don't know exactly.

I did tell my parents that I believe the next life is a dream like state were you would dream about stuff just to make them satisfied, they didn't like me telling them I was atheist because they thought that I thought they would die and disappear forever. I thought they were crazy for thinking atheist as a bad thing just because atheists think that there is nothing after life.

I don't see why you can hate something even if it's possible just because you don't like the outcome

Read it again before replying please

Corporal Atlas

Wait, if you think there's something beyond death, doesn't that make you, not atheist?

I am the Atheist God.
*Is searching for way to be noticed*

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Corporal Atlas on May 05, 2007, 08:55:58 AM
Wait, if you think there's something beyond death, doesn't that make you, not atheist?
Atheism is the denial of the existence of a deity. Doesn't mean an atheist can't believe in an afterlife.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Corporal Atlas

Quote from: Lawlz on May 05, 2007, 09:22:58 AM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on May 05, 2007, 08:55:58 AM
Atheism is the denial of the existence of a deity. Doesn't mean an atheist can't believe in an afterlife.

o yah

Thanks for the reminder.

I am the Atheist God.
*Is searching for way to be noticed*

JellyMoofin

I used to believe in reincarnation, but that changed as I realized I just didn't want to think about simply not existing. I used to think about not existing after death as a child, and cried when alone in bed a lot. Kinda had me scared of death for a long time.

I not exactly sure what I think anymore, I just kind of stopped thinking about it at a certain age, because I was tired of scaring myself, I guess. I think by the time it's time for me to die, life will have tired me out anyway. But yeah, basically, I think we just stop existing.

I do believe I heard somewhere that scientists have discovered after you die a part of you remains as some sort of energy or something.

heltar

Quote from: General Grievous on April 29, 2007, 08:58:49 PM
No, I'm not thinking about. We shouldn't care. All it does is cause conflict, and waste time on research that goes no where. We'll all find out eventually, so instead of fucking around trying to find out what is afterlife, why not try to fix the current life? Honestly....

That does make sense, we're wasting OUR lives finding out what we'll find out soon enough.

Think about that for a while.

Go Up