April 16, 2024, 07:03:34 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Assisted Suicide

Started by V, August 06, 2007, 08:42:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

If there is no hope in sight for the person in pain, yes, it is right.

Gman61

I don't know really. I know that even if I was terminally ill I would fight to the end. But If some one is sane and competent and wants to die than that is their choice

bleedingassassin

Quote from: JMV290 on August 06, 2007, 08:55:35 PM
Yes, I do.  Why should a person be forced to suffer until they die naturally?  If the person is dying of cancer and they know there is no way for them to be cured, why force them to suffer in pain?

What if they find the cure one hour before he died but they were going to tell him the good news but decided to celebrate first and came back to find him dead. >_>

Daddy

Quote from: bleedingassassin on December 15, 2007, 06:58:44 AM
What if they find the cure one hour before he died but they were going to tell him the good news but decided to celebrate first and came back to find him dead. >_>
They don't just "invent" cures.  It takes years of research, so the person would know months ahead of time that a cure was on the way.

Also, by the time there are "hours" left, it is far too late to save the person from cancer.

and maybe g-sus will come bak 2

don't let's

Quote from: Lawlz on August 08, 2007, 11:52:01 AM
What would society be today if people like Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, and Marty Mcfly all had and acted on that same philosophy?

One reason to live is to improve all of humanity.
One could argue that that doesn't matter since you'll be dead and it won't  be doing you any good.

Selkie

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 15, 2007, 12:10:42 PM
One could argue that that doesn't matter since you'll be dead and it won't  be doing you any good.

I will be doing humanity good though jesus it's a simple concept guys  psyduck;

Everyone wants to leave something behind, not just die and be forgotten by humanity.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Selkie on December 16, 2007, 07:00:51 AM
Everyone wants to leave something behind, not just die and be forgotten by humanity.
Some people think they were nothing more than a plague upon this earth and want to be forgotten.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up