April 18, 2024, 10:21:41 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Adoption.

Started by ClassicTyler, April 29, 2007, 07:06:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

make it legal?

Yes
8 (50%)
No
1 (6.3%)
You sick bobba
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

ClassicTyler

Well, we all know I won't be having any children, so I've decided to maybe one day adopt! baby;

However, here's where some people disagree with me.  sweat;
I don't want to be considered a "Father". The reason I don't is because I am not their rightful father(when the adoption occurs).
I think the best way to put it is like this:
I will simply be their life friend.

I am not their father, nor am I related. I want to be there for when they need help and love. Kind of like a brother.

Is it wrong?
Also, what are your views on adoption? Should gays be able to adopt?

ClassicTyler

God dammit, people!
WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS!?  argh;

Andrew1911

Life friend? That's perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever read. Foster kids need a father figure, not a life friend.

If people like Angelina Jolie adopt, I don't see how gays can do a worse job parenting than that thing.

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 29, 2007, 07:24:16 PM
Life friend? That's perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever read. Foster kids need a father figure, not a life friend.

The problem is, I'm NOT their father. I don't want to lie to them.

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 29, 2007, 07:24:16 PM

If people like Angelina Jolie adopt, I don't see how gays can do a worse job parenting than that thing.

You, good sir, made my day.  flower;

Ownage Baby

Thing is, every kid needs a father growing up, to look up to as a role model. Someone who will discipline them, and shape them into an adult. If you just decide to be there life friend, then they're going to grow up without knowing any boundaries, and most likely end up in the penal system at least once.

You can still be there life friend, but you need authority over them. It doesn't matter if you aren't blood related, you will still be his father.

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Ownage Baby on April 29, 2007, 07:31:07 PM
Thing is, every kid needs a father growing up, to look up to as a role model. Someone who will discipline them, and shape them into an adult. If you just decide to be there life friend, then they're going to grow up without knowing any boundaries, and most likely end up in the penal system at least once.

You can still be there life friend, but you need authority over them. It doesn't matter if you aren't blood related, you will still be his father.

I'm afraid not. I still plan to discipline them. I will be considered their "father" by people, but I certainly don't want to be something I'm not.

Ownage Baby

But if you don't want to be considered there father by them, then they won't consider you there father. You can't always be a friend to your kids.

Just because you aren't blood related, that doesn't mean that the kid still won't be your kid. Adopting a child means that you want the child that you picked out yourself to be raised by you, and to see you as a father. If you're going to adopt a child, and they are a bit older, they're most likely going to come from a home that was very unstable. Because of that, your child will need a father...more then he needs a friend.

ncba93ivyase

Anyone that can care for the child and raise them to be a good person has the right to adopt. Hell, from what I've observed, homosexual couples tend to be more loving than most families. I'd rather a kid be with a person that will love and raise them well than someone than will abuse them or (possibly even worse) completely ignore them.

The only thing I don't understand is why someone has to pay to adopt a child. If anything, the new parents should be paid for helping the child or it should be completely free. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Morning_Glory

Life friend? Yeah, no.

Kids need a father figure, not a "life friend". Just because you didn't help give birth to the kid, doesn't mean you're not fully his/her father. It's stupid to think otherwise. Once you adopt the kid, you're his/her father.

Necro

April 29, 2007, 08:54:06 PM #9 Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:42:17 AM by Necro Gaara
Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 29, 2007, 07:27:26 PM
Then come out to them, but instead of being this stupid crap "life friend", be the parent they never have. BE A LEGAL GAURDIAN.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Tri4se

Blood has nothing to do with fatherhood. To be a father you just need too love and care for your "child."

Andrew1911

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 29, 2007, 08:54:06 PM
Then come out to them, but instead of being this stupid crap "life friend", be the parent they never have. BE A GAURDIAN.

Hey, isn't there a legal term for that? I don't know something like legal guardian?

ClassicTyler

Then come out to them, but instead of being this stupid crap "life friend", be the parent they never have. BE A GAURDIAN.

Yes. I shall be their "Legal Guardian".

How would I tell them I'm not their father?

Necro

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 29, 2007, 10:06:30 PM

Hey, isn't there a legal term for that? I don't know something like legal guardian?
Happy? -__-;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Corporal Atlas

I think you aren't wrong in adopting a child. Really, just because you aren't their real parent, adopting isn't bad. Would one rather they stay in the horrible condition they have?

I am the Atheist God.
*Is searching for way to be noticed*

Go Up