September 21, 2024, 04:08:41 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

When will dvd die?

Started by NOA_Haunted, August 01, 2007, 07:23:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 01, 2007, 11:47:42 PM
By standard, do you just mean movies?
Movies and games.

Near the end of the Wii's life, I expect less than 10 "big" DVD movie releases each year. Disney was the only company that kept dragging VHS for so long, and I expect them to do it again with their god awful DisneyDVD shit.

For storage, yeah, I'm sure they'll still be around for a long time. They hold a huge amount of photos and documents, so I'm sure DVDs will last another 10 to possibly 15 years with that. When it comes to games and video, we've already exceeded the capacity of DVDs.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 02, 2007, 12:04:11 AM
Then that's just silly.
Still probably be used for storage for quite some time.
Unless one format or the other wins soon.

o and how am the video quality worse explain yourself
Think about it like this:
Are you going to get better sound quality from 20 dollar CD Player or a 200 dollar CD player?
The PS3 is great for Blu-Ray, but I was reading TECH magazine the other day and it pointed out some of the weaknesses of the PS3 Drive such as the fact that it's not as sensitive as most stand-alone players.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on August 02, 2007, 12:22:07 AM
Think about it like this:
Are you going to get better sound quality from 20 dollar CD Player or a 200 dollar CD player?
The PS3 is great for Blu-Ray, but I was reading TECH magazine the other day and it pointed out some of the weaknesses of the PS3 Drive such as the fact that it's not as sensitive as most stand-alone players.
Even if that's true, will you notice a difference? That's over two million pixels, and I doubt you'll be able to tell if about ten of them are a little blurry. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 01, 2007, 07:44:21 PM
People really have no clue what they're saying when they say the PS3 is overpriced.
Overpriced? No.

More then most people need? Yes.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 02, 2007, 02:09:06 AM
Overpriced? No.

More then most people need? Yes.
Overpriced? Yes.

It's a damn gaming console. It's not the consumer's fault Sony is retarded and puts excess shit into their already shitty heaps of shit. powerofone;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lawlz on August 02, 2007, 11:45:08 AM
Overpriced? Yes.

It's a damn gaming console. It's not the consumer's fault Sony is retarded and puts excess shit into their already shitty heaps of shit. powerofone;

l0l nintend0 fanb0y

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Anakin Skywalker on August 02, 2007, 11:45:58 AM
l0l nintend0 fanb0y
Not my fault Nintendo's only competitors suck. caterpie;

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on August 02, 2007, 11:46:59 AM
Not my fault Nintendo's only competitors suck. caterpie;
In my opinion, Nintendo is sucking balls right now. The Wii is awful, seriously. I can't believe I was so excited about it. It's cheaply made and lacks any power whatsoever. We know we'll never get decent online, we know we'll never even get a headset.
Heck, the general consensus is that MP3 won't even be online, which is just absolutely retarded.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on August 02, 2007, 11:49:36 AM
In my opinion, Nintendo is sucking balls right now. The Wii is awful, seriously. I can't believe I was so excited about it. It's cheaply made and lacks any power whatsoever. We know we'll never get decent online, we know we'll never even get a headset.
Heck, the general consensus is that MP3 won't even be online, which is just absolutely retarded.
The Wii sucks balls, but it certainly beats systems that cost as much  as a small car and only have sport sims and shootan games. psyduck;

Besides, why the hell would you want multiplayer Metroid Prime 3? Anyone that says they would want it clearly isn't a fan of Metroid, since the greatness rests solely on single player. Just look at Metroid Prime Hunters. If you're going to whine about that, play some shit like Halo. psyduck;

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on August 02, 2007, 11:52:33 AM
The Wii sucks balls, but it certainly beats systems that cost as much  as a small car and only have sport sims and shootan games. psyduck;

Besides, why the hell would you want multiplayer Metroid Prime 3? Anyone that says they would want it clearly isn't a fan of Metroid, since the greatness rests solely on single player. Just look at Metroid Prime Hunters. If you're going to whine about that, play some shit like Halo. psyduck;
I love the whole adventuresome aspect of the Prime series, but multiplayer won't take away from the single player. Galaxy could have some online co-op. Brawl online is going to suck my large ballsack. Battalion Wars is going to suck even bigger ballsacks.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on August 02, 2007, 11:54:54 AM
I love the whole adventuresome aspect of the Prime series, but multiplayer won't take away from the single player.
Again, Metroid Prime Hunters.

V

Quote from: Title on August 02, 2007, 11:54:54 AM
Brawl online is going to suck my large ballsack.

Yes, because you have played it and experienced it online before it's release.  psyduck;

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on August 02, 2007, 11:55:57 AM
Again, Metroid Prime Hunters.
Well it doesn't look like MP3 is going to be a whole lot different. IGN seems to think MP3 is a full-fledged FPS, it even got "Best Wii FPS" at E3.

Title27GT

Quote from: V on August 02, 2007, 11:57:19 AM
Yes, because you have played it and experienced it online before it's release.  psyduck;
No, because I've played Nintendo Online.

It sucks ass.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on August 02, 2007, 11:57:28 AM
Well it doesn't look like MP3 is going to be a whole lot different. IGN seems to think MP3 is a full-fledged FPS, it even got "Best Wii FPS" at E3.
Just hurry up and die.

Go Up