September 25, 2024, 09:23:58 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Odin Sphere.

Started by Placebo Headwound, August 01, 2007, 12:08:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

Has anyone else played this game?

The graphics and gameplay are superb. fap;

Placebo Headwound

NO ONE HAS PLAYED ODIN SPHERE?

You guys don't know what you're missing. edumacate;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Thief888 on August 01, 2007, 04:46:03 PM
NO ONE HAS PLAYED ODIN SPHERE?

You guys don't know what you're missing. edumacate;
hi srs

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Placebo Headwound

Commander Fuckass

No but I own FFXII.

[spoiler]lol[/spoiler]
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: The Dark Knight on August 03, 2007, 11:50:03 AM
No but I own FFXII.

[spoiler]lol[/spoiler]
Fuck FFXII, Odin Sphere kicks it's ass. psyduck;

The artist formally known

GOD I'VE ASKED THIS QUESTION SO MANY TIMES

DOES THIS GAME PLAY LIKE CASLTEVANIA BECAUSE IF YES ILL GET IT RIGHT NOW

UnagiPower

Quote from: reefer on August 03, 2007, 02:20:58 PM

I thought it was a turn-based RPG :'(

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: reefer on August 03, 2007, 02:20:58 PM

Wikipedia's description:

" is divided into several chapters, in which the story of one of the five playable characters is progressed. Within each chapter, the player can get information relating to the upcoming mission and buy and sell goods prior to setting off to the next destination. There is an overarching chronological story that is split among the 5 characters, with their individual stories intersecting at places (for example, early on within Gwendolyn's progression, Gwendolyn will fight Velvet, an event duplicated in Velvet's story progression.) As a result, the player will learn the entire picture of the events within the story from each characters' point of view. Only one character story is available at the start, but as the player completes those stories, they will unlock the other characters.

Within each destination is a series of levels connected in a bidirectional graph; these levels include regular combat levels, shop levels, and minor and major boss levels. Regular combat levels have a 1 to 5 star rating indicating their difficulty, allowing a player to opt to avoid a path if it's too difficult at their current ability level. Both combat levels and boss levels also have a fixed reward shown on the area map that can be obtained once with successful completion of the level. A shop level will have a salesman ready to sell and buy goods.

In each regular combat or boss level, if the player has not yet completed that level, they will need to defeat all the foes in order to leave that level. The player will receive a fixed level reward for this, as well as additional rewards for outstanding performance, including using less time to complete the level, and taking minimal damage. Once this is completed, exits to other nodes on the area map will be open for travel. If a player revisits a completed level, they can directly travel to an exit, or wait to fight foes that appear.

Levels are represented in 2D as large circle; the player can continue to run in one direction and will return to the starting point after some seconds of travel. A radar map, similar to the one in Defender, shows the position of the player, enemies, and objects on the level, while a smaller map shows the location of the exits from the level. Combat is similar to many 2D fighting games, though includes a "power bar" representing how many consecutive actions the player has performed without pausing. Should the power bar empty, the player must wait a few moments for the power bar to refill while the character stands vulnerable in an exhausted state; however, a player can refill the power bar faster by stopping actions for a short period of time while still retaining control of the character."

UnagiPower

Quote from: Thief888 on August 03, 2007, 04:39:14 PM
Wikipedia's description:

Sounds pretty cool. I'm going to check out some gameplay vids then I might get this game  powerofone;

UnagiPower

One question, are you somewhat agile in this game? I miss games like Strider :'(

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: UnagiPower on August 05, 2007, 09:45:14 AM
One question, are you somewhat agile in this game? I miss games like Strider :'(
Certain characters are more agile than others, with Oswald being the most agile.

All the characters play differently, though.

UnagiPower

Quote from: Thief888 on August 05, 2007, 03:55:15 PM
Certain characters are more agile than others, with Oswald being the most agile.

All the characters play differently, though.

Alright. I'm going to get this game.  powerofone;

One last question, can you describe how large are the levels?

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: UnagiPower on August 05, 2007, 04:09:09 PM
Alright. I'm going to get this game.  powerofone;

One last question, can you describe how large are the levels?
A map of one level:

Each level should take an hour at most to complete, perhaps longer depending on how many time you die.

The game lasted me about 30 hours before I beat it.

UnagiPower

Quote from: Thief888 on August 05, 2007, 04:16:28 PM
A map of one level:

Each level should take an hour at most to complete, perhaps longer depending on how many time you die.

The game lasted me about 30 hours before I beat it.

Alright I just quoted you and entered the url into firefox. Wow this game seems fun :D MUST BUY.

Go Up