April 19, 2024, 05:10:59 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Slavery Reparations

Started by reeper, July 29, 2007, 12:45:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Necro

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 29, 2007, 04:18:24 PM
Why should someone be forced to live in poverty for the exact same reason?
Your logic makes no sense. That arguement backs up BOTH sides of this. And it's true, these middle/upper classed people shouldn't have to pay for their ancestors actions.  It's true that people with "slave heritage" shouldn't either. The people with money shouldn't prosper while others suffer. But this has always been the case, and not just in the case of African Americans whose ancestors were slaves. Some will prosper, and others will live hard lives. Welcome to the real world. Making some people give money to others won't solve it until we hit a completion point where everybody has the same amount of money. And then that's communism, which not many seem to approve of, mainly because their glasses are so fogged of their own problems that they cannot see how shitty capitalism is, or in the case of upper class, they just deny that there are flaws in this way of government. But where the hell am I going with this?

Case in point, their problems are dreadful, but forcing people who have ancestors who should pay doesn't really solve anything. There's nothing you can do in one aspect of our flaws if you don't fix them all.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

guff

Quote from: Avtomat Kalashnikova on December 31, 2007, 01:22:16 PMBut where the hell am I going with this?
i agree
Quote from: Avtomat Kalashnikova on December 31, 2007, 01:22:16 PM
Case in point, their problems are dreadful, but forcing people who have ancestors who should pay doesn't really solve anything.
i think most people have ancestors
Quote from: Avtomat Kalashnikova on December 31, 2007, 01:22:16 PM
There's nothing you can do in one aspect of our flaws if you don't fix them all.
what

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on December 30, 2007, 11:45:59 PM
Well, you do have to consider the possibility that the slavery and discrimination of their ancestors has hindered them financially. For the most part, though, it is silly. My point is more that the war in Iraq is ridiculous.
If it was their parents, maybe. Grandparents would be stretching it. Great great great great great great grandparents? What happened to them has no bearing on what a failure a person is today. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Necro

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

YPrrrr

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 30, 2007, 11:23:58 PM
It seems to me that this should be Europe's problem. Because aren't they the ones that originally started bringing slaves to America?
Yes, but they also stopped well before America.

heltar

Quote from: reefer on July 29, 2007, 12:45:47 AM
Does you think that we should give money to the decendents of slaves to help them get onto their feet and help them get a head start
I think it's a bit too late

Go Up