Literally The Current Year And We're Still Having Abortion Debates (On Boyah)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 08, 2017, 04:31:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 04:27:17 PMIf abortion is necessary  you could also easily argue euthanasia of the those who require assistance to continue to live or function is necessary for the benefit of others. Often throughout history murder is sugarcoated as being purportedly for the greater good or benefit of a people or society or even a singular persons situation

you're dipping into the moral here though

i'm not making any moral arguments whatsoever

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 04:31:02 PM
Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 04:27:17 PMIf abortion is necessary  you could also easily argue euthanasia of the those who require assistance to continue to live or function is necessary for the benefit of others. Often throughout history murder is sugarcoated as being purportedly for the greater good or benefit of a people or society or even a singular persons situation

True but if you preclude morality really why shouldn't euthanasia be just as necessary. Seems practical

Kalahari Inkantation

May 08, 2017, 04:50:05 PM #2 Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:53:12 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 04:31:02 PM
Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 04:27:17 PMIf abortion is necessary  you could also easily argue euthanasia of the those who require assistance to continue to live or function is necessary for the benefit of others. Often throughout history murder is sugarcoated as being purportedly for the greater good or benefit of a people or society or even a singular persons situation

True but if you preclude morality really why shouldn't euthanasia be just as necessary. Seems practical

well, i'm not precluding morality either lol

i just don't think it's relevant here, my 'old world vs. new world' argument is completely amoral

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

but again you're introducing morality into an entirely amoral argument with that abortion thing :|[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 04:54:36 PM
[spoiler]

but again you're introducing morality into an entirely amoral argument with that abortion thing :|[/spoiler]
how do you separate morality from murder without it being inconsequential :|

Kalahari Inkantation

oh lord, now we're getting Old World

YPrrrr

Why would killing anyone be wrong other than if you attach morality to the situation tho

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 05:01:05 PM
Why would killing anyone be wrong other than if you attach morality to the situation tho

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
example 4:

old world thinking: abortion is murder

new world thinking: my body my choice

please identify where any moral argument is being made in either of these clauses

YPrrrr

You called abortion a necessary evil does not evil imply morality?

Kalahari Inkantation

also i misquoted in my deletion splitting confusion

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
combined thinking, using the previous example: abortion is a necessary evil that should always be readily available to those who might benefit from it, but we must work towards minimizing abortion rates

this is where i'm asking to identify the moral argument

Kalahari Inkantation

May 08, 2017, 05:57:45 PM #10 Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:10:53 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on May 08, 2017, 05:44:59 PM
You called abortion a necessary evil does not evil imply morality?

ah, now i understand you

i worded it dramatically for effect, but personally i don't necessarily agree that it's "evil"

my opinion is that it can be an emotionally unpleasant solution to a legitimate social problem akin to executing stray animals, but i would argue that that is an amoral position

YPrrrr

I would agree that that is amoral but that undermines murder as a concept technically.

If abortion = murder to the old school then you can substitute one for the other.

Therefore you could argue murder can be  an emotionally unpleasant solution to a legitimate social problem akin to executing stray animals

Population control is population control unless you add specific parameters to what you can and cannot cull. How would you pick those parameters in a way that wouldn't utilize some semblance of morality?

Idk I don't see it

Kalahari Inkantation

"abortion = murder" is not actually my personal argument

it's an exaggerated old world argument

if some old worlder out there legitimately is making the argument that abortion == murder, then i'm not going to even try defending them lol

my personal opinion, as expressed on the previous page, is amoral

YPrrrr

I know it's not your argument that is very clear lol

It's not exaggerated though why would anyone care if they didn't believe it was murder?

Idk it's disappointing you start out wanting to create compromises but then reneg once a viewpoint doesn't fit your new world view. You can't amorally mediate a moral issue

C.Mongler

im aborting this thread

Go Up