April 27, 2024, 04:53:04 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

so regarding the boyah awards (IMPORTANT PLEASE VOTE)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 02, 2017, 11:53:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Any objections?

No objections.
I object. (explain answer)
Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

May 02, 2017, 11:53:01 PM Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:11:15 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: ƕɾο on April 30, 2017, 11:53:07 AM
should we get started on boyah awards soon-ish

Quote from: ƕɾο on April 30, 2017, 04:09:39 PM
hell make me mod of the board for it and i'll run the shit

i genuinely endorse these ideas

in fact, anyone who wishes to contribute in official capacity could be made temp mod of the relevant boards and we can have non-staff organize the awards this year to shake things up a bit

the staff could just sit back and enjoy the absolute shitshow

...you know, assuming anyone still gives a damn about the annual boyahs lol ifeelbetter;

YPrrrr

As long as I don't have to do anything this year more power to whoever wants to put up with people complaining  n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

You and the staff may offer to help if desired, but you would be obligated to do exactly nothing. n_u

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

i personally would make a commitment to help in an advisory role at least, but i would leave the brainstorming and implementation to volunteers

Kalahari Inkantation

hiro, i'm open to hearing you out

convince me to save this idea

C.Mongler

Hiro

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 04, 2017, 03:12:27 AM

-I'll likely have a bit of free time this summer
-With one person taking the lead (who actually wants to) things will get done when they (I) decide and not having to coordinate deadlines
-I have a habit of obsessing over details and wasting ~6 hours on the computer doing tedious and pointless tasks
-We get Boyah Awards and nobody (besides me and those who want to do videos) has to lift a finger
-If things go wrong or take too long everyone gets to blame Hiro

YPrrrr

I mean Hiro isn't known for his ability to meet deadlines but I don't think the Awards happen any other way so at worst Hiro doesn't finish them before 2018

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 04, 2017, 10:52:11 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 04, 2017, 03:12:27 AM

-I'll likely have a bit of free time this summer
-With one person taking the lead (who actually wants to) things will get done when they (I) decide and not having to coordinate deadlines
-I have a habit of obsessing over details and wasting ~6 hours on the computer doing tedious and pointless tasks
-We get Boyah Awards and nobody (besides me and those who want to do videos) has to lift a finger
-If things go wrong or take too long everyone gets to blame Hiro

I like what I hear.

I will assist you in this venture. Try to recruit a few more volunteers and the mod team will discuss in secrecy whether to approve of your modest proposal.

[spoiler]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal[/spoiler]

Hiro

Quote from: YPargh on May 04, 2017, 12:24:27 PM
I mean Hiro isn't known for his ability to meet deadlines but I don't think the Awards happen any other way so at worst Hiro doesn't finish them before 2018
the thing is I would set the deadlines myself, plus knowing the whole thing's on me would get me to actually do the stuff as opposed to not really hearing much from anyone for a while and forgetting about a deadline

I can probably ask david to help me if needed but honestly I think the only thing I'll need assistance with is compiling nominations for each award

Samus Aran

i'm fine with everything that's been said so far

i don't know about everyone else, but the reason i got so bored of the boyah awards is because our award categories kept being one of the following:

-repeats from previous years
-fucking nonsensical stupid bullshit
-things that are too hard for us to reach a consensus on, thus leading to like 3 winners (like album of the year, why bother??)

i guess it also doesn't help that i don't involve myself in boyah as much anymore. i could try to change that.

Kalahari Inkantation

May 06, 2017, 12:49:00 AM #13 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:34:10 AM by Majorana's Mask
we (and by "we" i mean hiro) should consider a tournament-style award system this year y/n

that would alleviate many of the aforementioned issues with the boyahs

YPrrrr

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 06, 2017, 12:44:43 AM
i'm fine with everything that's been said so far

i don't know about everyone else, but the reason i got so bored of the boyah awards is because our award categories kept being one of the following:

-repeats from previous years
-fucking nonsensical stupid bullshit
-things that are too hard for us to reach a consensus on, thus leading to like 3 winners (like album of the year, why bother??)

i guess it also doesn't help that i don't involve myself in boyah as much anymore. i could try to change that.
I agree with the nonsensical bullshit but I figured that was just because I'm not as cool.

And yeah we don't really need to do categories tailored to one user or that one thing has won every year

Go Up