May 14, 2024, 05:19:24 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FUCK

Started by Samus Aran, January 19, 2012, 01:50:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Megaupload was shut down by the goddamn FEDS  akudood;

Some kind of power play in response to the SOPA blackout? Some sort of attempt at intimidating us? It's just going to make anti-SOPA people even angrier.

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on January 19, 2012, 01:54:06 PM
FUCK

FUCK FUCK FUCK

seriously though, lol i know this is terrible of me to say, but it is only because of my personal piracy habits that this hinders my activities

however, i DID use megaupload as a legitimate host for my own files, as well. so...that's shitty.

silvertone

Clara Listensprechen

January 19, 2012, 02:00:39 PM #4 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:23:06 PM by Clara Listensprechen
Just got word via Twitter that it was Universal Music that shut down Megauploads. And Anonymous turned that into a Universal Music shutdown, but the link to an article they posted says the Feds shut it down. Odd.

http://rt.com/usa/news/megaupload-shut-million-authorities-231/ baddood;

and there's The NY Times...
Hmph.

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on January 19, 2012, 01:56:08 PM
mediafire

yeah but there's a lot of links i have bookmarked that are for megaupload that i hadn't downloaded yet, and also, while megaupload may have been the first, who's to say others won't get shut down, too? rapidshare is the next largest and possibly the next on the chopping block.

YPrrrr

Your use of dramatic language is pretty amusing girl;

[spoiler]But it probably wouldn't be as funny if I had used megaupload[/spoiler]

silvertone

Quote from: Kaz on January 19, 2012, 02:04:28 PM
yeah but there's a lot of links i have bookmarked that are for megaupload that i hadn't downloaded yet, and also, while megaupload may have been the first, who's to say others won't get shut down, too? rapidshare is the next largest and possibly the next on the chopping block.
i don't get how they can like. Do This though, megaupload didn't upload the files  :? ?? :

Commander Fuckass

fuck
and I got a premium account from a friend three weeks ago smithicide;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

snoorkel

wtf, that is Total Bullshit.

Cosmic Ada

The corporations don't even need SOPA, it appears. I doubt this was really planned ahead of time, they just needed to channel their butthurtedness to something "productive" as quickly as possible to remind us all that we're just pawns in their game of bullshit.

strongbad

this is so fucked up
fucking crazy that they arrested the executives

bluaki

After reading around, it appears the charges behind this are for "conspiracy". MegaUpload was fully compliant with DMCA and there are no reports of any DMCA-related charge.

In a likely related note, in mid-December, MegaUpload created an advertisement music video starring some rather famous music artists to which it fully owned the copyright for. Universal Music quickly filed an illegitimate takedown for it to YouTube less than a day after upload. MegaUpload managed to get it restored about a week later, they filed suit against Universal Music and requested an explanation why the takedown was issued, and never received a response

[spoiler=this video][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Wvn-9BXVc[/youtube][/spoiler]

silvertone

that song was annoying as heck, the government did the right thing here.

Nyerp

the government should ban will.i.am

Go Up