May 15, 2024, 07:33:12 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Path

Started by Sam, November 01, 2009, 01:57:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

So, I want to share my knowledge of this game with the world.

Most of you have probably heard of The Path, but if not, I really suggest you buy it and give it a try. There's  a PC and Mac version, both are $10. Completely worth the cost.

The Path is one of the most intriguing games I've ever played. It's described as a "Horror Game" but isn't quite terrifying. It's more creepy than anything.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adj0flt1-7U[/youtube]

In case you don't get it from the trailer, you start off in a room with 6 girls. You pick a girl and that girl is placed on the path. Your goal is to get to Grandmother's house. The only instruction you get is to stay on the path.

Sure enough, if you stay on the path, you will make it to grandma's house unscathed. Of course, that's no fun. So you can veer off the path and see all sorts of nifty things.

Each girl has their own personality with their own vices. Which is why each girl is interested in different items.. and why each girl is enticed by a different 'wolf'.

I can't explain it, but it's a game everyone should try. Get to it.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Sam

I'm mad at you for not caring, Boyah.

YPrrrr

Looks interesting, but I play games to have fun and besides I'm broke anyway.

Cookie

I like the art style, but the game itself sounds kinda boring....

burzumfan420

Samus Aran

the trailer wasn't interesting at all, rather boring honestly, and was riddled with cheesy horror b-movie tactics

Sam

Quote from: Kaz on November 09, 2009, 09:31:35 AM
the trailer wasn't interesting at all, rather boring honestly, and was riddled with cheesy horror b-movie tactics

It's a trailer. And like I said, the game really isn't scary at all. Actually what I find most interesting is like.. the psychological aspect behind the girls interactions with the different objects and the girls' wolves. For instance, the 'rebel' of the sisters barges in on a camp and takes a few beers from this old guy. He's actually the wolf. He rapes her. But there's a little girl at the camp who hides from the girl. It's interesting, especially considering that the little girl actually plays a big part in the game. When playing as any other girl, she'll run around the woods (which can get really scary at times, actually) and if find her you can hold her hand to get back to the path from anywhere.
I mean, I might just be a nerd for this kinda thing, but I love how each girl has their own personality and it leads to their downfall. Where one girl is intruiged by a balloon and by a crow, another is intruiged by a dead bird and a two-headed teddy bear. One loves music and playing the piano. So finding a creepy ass man on stage playing the piano is just entirely fitting. And there are no like.. loopholes in the girls either. Whoever wrote the game was extremely consistent and vague in all the right areas that it just worked well.

Actually come to think of it, I think I remember hearing the developer of the game worked on something else big... I'm going to look that up now.

Sam

oh, and I found this, which also is a good way of putting it:
QuoteFor me, The Path is about what a remarkably fine line it is that separates childhood from adulthood, innocence from cynicism, and how utterly not black-and-white most things in life are. Itâ,,,s about the fact that, as much as we might like to believe otherwise, sometimes the places that should be the safest â,” figuratively, childhood and literally Grandmaâ,,,s house â,” are actually the most dangerous; that sex can be both brutal and transcendendant; that females, at all stages of their girlhood, are vulnerable in a very particular way; and that thereâ,,,s a certain inevitability to that vulnerability â,” no one gets through life without growing up. And sometimes growing up can be an experience that leaves you crumpled and nearly broken on the ground.

Sam

Oh, the developer, Tale of Tales, also made a game called The Graveyard that I'd heard of but never played. Can't really afford to try it right now. Any of you hear of it?

burzumfan420

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sam on November 10, 2009, 06:27:10 AM
I mean, I might just be a nerd for this kinda thing

Yeah I think you've proven that pretty well.

Sam

Go Up