October 19, 2024, 05:28:43 AM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Micheal Moore's "Sicko"

Started by Title27GT, July 26, 2007, 09:36:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title27GT

Hopefully, you ALL have seen this movie. If you at all felt comfortable with the American government up until this point, you'll feel like a retard in a very short time.

You probably all understand that people spend thousands and thousand and thousands of dollars on health insurance every year, hell, your parents could probably have nicer houses if health insurance didn't have to be paid.
Guess what? We're the only country in the damn Western Hemisphere still paying for health insurance. That's right, all of our govornment leaders, even those who oppose private healthcare companies (like Hilary Clinton) are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars BY insurance companies to keep their mouths shut. Health Insurance companies deny people at will. If you have even a minor condition, you can forget it. Millions of people lose their homes or have to work until they're 90 because they can't get health insurance to pay for their medication.

After knowing all that, it wouldn't make sense for a communist country with zero resources like Cuba to have universal healthcare, right? Right. But they do, and it's ridiculous.

In the movie, 6 9/11 rescue workers who had developed serious life-threatening conditions had been denied assistance by the U.S. government because they "were volunteer workers and were not under the paycheck of the New York Police Department" what the fuck? Micheal Moore actually took them to Cuba and they all got the expensive procedures they needed.
For free.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKED UP.

Snorkel

Yep.

Have you seen Fahrenheit 9/11? It's also good.

anus

ya i shud see it

After seeing 9/11, this kid in my grade hates him. He said he lied in that whole film. Yet Moore offered 10 grand to anyone that can find a mistake. He hasn't paid a penny.
dicks

Title27GT

Quote from: GCD  link=topic=9875.msg118433#msg118433 date=1185511550
ya i shud see it

After seeing 9/11, this kid in my grade hates him. He said he lied in that whole film. Yet Moore offered 10 grand to anyone that can find a mistake. He hasn't paid a penny.
Micheal Moore feeds off of his haters. At the end of Sicko he pays 10,000 dollars anonymous check to the manager of his biggest hate website to help with his wife's operation. Ironically he was going to close down the site because of health insurance costs.

Go Up