March 28, 2024, 12:56:37 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

new shitphone needed: hiro edition

Started by Hiro, October 06, 2017, 02:09:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

I just broke my phone in a fit of rage because i'm a fucking stupid idiot child (squeezed the hell out of it and now the display is just black, no cracks though)
it lasted almost exactly 3 years at least. well, not really since i only got this one about a year ago but it was still a warranty-covered replacement, still a 3 year old model. the thing was slow as shit and had trash battery life anyway, so it was bound to happen soon, though I'm really pissed at myself for doing that.

I was hoping the Pixel 2 would be decent, and the grey (they call it blue???) model is super cute, but it's way too expensive and I need a headphone jack. I'm trying to get something under $400 at most, though cheaper is preferred. I know there's some good chinese phones but i would have no idea which one to get. I've been considering the S8 but it really hasn't dropped much in price which is surprising to me.
Basically my priorities are:
-respectable hardware
-not-too-terrible camera
-good battery life
-not huge (around the s8 or smaller. I'm talking the whole phone here, not just screen size.)
-good price

Going to miss my moto x, if they'd just made that but a bit more narrow and put a bigger battery in it would be the perfect phone.

Samus Aran

have you looked into the new moto x4? it's compatible with project fi just like the pixel. and i think it's going for around $400 once it comes out. or maybe it's already out i'm not sure

ME##

Hiro

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on October 06, 2017, 01:16:30 PM
have you looked into the new moto x4? it's compatible with project fi just like the pixel. and i think it's going for around $400 once it comes out. or maybe it's already out i'm not sure
i don't need fi compatibility since i'm on my family's t-mobile plan, and imo the x4 doesn't look all that great to me, definitely not at all like the first 2 gens
i'll have to see how reviews for it are, but i'm kinda leaning towards the G5 Plus or just paying $100 to fix the screen on my phone and rooting it

strongbad

Hiro

Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 06, 2017, 06:31:05 PM
g5 plus is fine
yeah that's what my sister has and it seems to be about all you can say about it
would it be worth just doing the monthly payments on a nice phone???

strongbad

i think monthly payments on a phone are super dumb when you could spend $200 once on a phone that is totally fine

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

get a 20$ flip phone and move to pueblo new mexic o wit hme

Hiro

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on December 07, 2017, 07:59:05 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on October 08, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Well Audrey surprised me with a S8 dittodood;

noice

how do you like it y/n
some of the samsung shit is annoying but for the most part it's fantastic wrench;

Kalahari Inkantation

May 30, 2018, 06:12:29 AM #11 Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:15:51 AM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: ƕɾο on December 21, 2017, 09:04:43 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on December 07, 2017, 07:59:05 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on October 08, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Well Audrey surprised me with a S8 dittodood;

noice

how do you like it y/n
some of the samsung shit is annoying but for the most part it's fantastic wrench;

that's how i felt about it at first too, but pretty soon i either got used to the few instances of annoying samsung bs or found an easy way to ignore/work around it/use an alternative app/etc.

having owned it for about a year, i find that i like it so much that i can't imagine any other oems pulling me away from samsung anytime soon, there's basically nothing in the android market right now that has so few compromises as samsung's flagships do

my only regret is that the s8 doesn't have more ram

if i had to buy a new phone today, i'd probably wait for the note 9 with its very slightly larger display and rumoured 8gb of ram lol

hoping to get at least 2.5 - 3 yrs out of the s8 though

Go Up