We have expanded to 45 awards. (PLEASE NOMINATE)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 24, 2017, 11:16:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should we incorporate the following 12 awards into the 32 we already have?

Yes
5 (71.4%)
No
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 25, 2017, 12:27:27 AM
Quote from: YPargh on June 25, 2017, 12:17:46 AM
Idk I would kind of like more categories to vote on yeah

then plz vote as such, i'm willing to consider other categories

A lot of those categories kind of suck tho ig. Idk is be fine with adding 10 or even just 5. Or zero. Whatever. I wanted to nominate thyme for something cuz he's cool af but I can't find a category atm

so feel free to make your suggestions
but nobody wanted to do them so Hiro does have the final say as far as I'm concerned. If his decisions aren't optimal that's okay because he's actually done a really good job imo as far as moving things along and trying to create the awards in his own vision. If we believe there to be any shortcomings we can always amend them in 2018

A lot of those categories kind of suck tho ig. Idk is be fine with adding 10 or even just 5. Or zero. Whatever. I wanted to nominate thyme for something cuz he's cool af but I can't find a category atm

Idk I don't want to subvert democracy. I may think a number of the most suggested categories are dumb but if that's what boyah wants who am I to suggest otherwise.

YPrrrr

Quote from: YPargh on June 25, 2017, 12:41:06 AM

but nobody wanted to do them so Hiro does have the final say as far as I'm concerned. If his decisions aren't optimal that's okay because he's actually done a really good job imo as far as moving things along and trying to create the awards in his own vision. If we believe there to be any shortcomings we can always amend them in 2018

Idk I don't want to subvert democracy. I may think a number of the most suggested categories are dumb but if that's what boyah wants who am I to suggest otherwise.
oh also I'm sorry if there's a poll I can't see it because the only way I can post is to go to view most recent posts and quote/reply from there so excuse me if I'm missing something

Kalahari Inkantation

but nobody wanted to do them so Hiro does have the final say as far as I'm concerned.

actually, i advocated for this idea

and if you recall, it was agreed upon that we'd need three volunteer mods in order to proceed with it, because we wanted an even distribution of responsibility so that no one person would have to take on all the work

i waived that requirement at hiro's insistence, but the fact that he ended up being the sole volunteer mod doesn't make him the ultimate authority on the awards

overall, i agree that hiro has done a great job

but i disagree on this particular matter

are you not yourself a member of boyah

voicing your opinion is not somehow subverting democracy

everyone gets one vote

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on June 25, 2017, 12:43:05 AM
oh also I'm sorry if there's a poll I can't see it because the only way I can post is to go to view most recent posts and quote/reply from there so excuse me if I'm missing something

as the server issues are already having a direct effect on the accuracy of the poll, i may be forced to extend it beyond 32 hours if it continues for long

Kalahari Inkantation

and for those of you reading the thread through the "most recent posts" function: if you can't vote, simply post "yes" or "no"

Hiro

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 25, 2017, 12:18:38 AM
if i had to guess, it's because nobody felt they had any right to question your authority as the sole volunteer mod

i would argue that everyone has a right to voice their say, within reason, on the boyah awards

precisely because they are the boyah awards

they should not have to be overwhelmingly under the control of a single person
nice straw man there buddy

but nobody wanted to do them so Hiro does have the final say as far as I'm concerned. If his decisions aren't optimal that's okay because he's actually done a really good job imo as far as moving things along and trying to create the awards in his own vision.
thank you for this, I appreciate the opportunity and would like to continue to do so

well since you're not participating in the awards staff I'd say you have as much of a voice as anyone else, by which I mean feel free to express your feelings/concerns

Kalahari Inkantation

that's not really a strawman lol

it's a guess

a strawman would be me taking a known argument, simplifying it in an obvious way, and then attempting to defeat that simplified argument

you can accuse my speculation of being wild or exaggerated, but i don't see why it would be strawmanning lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 25, 2017, 01:05:27 AM
but nobody wanted to do them so Hiro does have the final say as far as I'm concerned.

actually, i advocated for this idea

and if you recall, it was agreed upon that we'd need three volunteer mods in order to proceed with it, because we wanted an even distribution of responsibility so that no one person would have to take on all the work

i waived that requirement at hiro's insistence, but the fact that he ended up being the sole volunteer mod doesn't make him the ultimate authority on the awards

overall, i agree that hiro has done a great job

but i disagree on this particular matter

are you not yourself a member of boyah

voicing your opinion is not somehow subverting democracy

everyone gets one vote
well originally Hiro just wanted to do it by himself and then you threw in those rules and such idk that anyone really agreed to it

But yeah it's working now so I'll vote I suppose

Kalahari Inkantation

June 25, 2017, 02:14:44 PM #23 Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:24:56 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on June 25, 2017, 08:39:11 AM
well originally Hiro just wanted to do it by himself and then you threw in those rules and such idk that anyone really agreed to it

But yeah it's working now so I'll vote I suppose

you make it sound as if i'm spontaneously imposing arbitrary limitations on hiro's power lol befuddlement

because there was so much resistance/so little enthusiasm regarding hiro's original proposal (and the awards in general), on may 19 (a full 20 days before the 2017 awards had been formally launched) i stipulated that there must be at least two other volunteers so that no one member would bear the bulk of the burden

and because a trio of mods would serve as insurance should one of them fail to perform

and because three users would be better representative of the userbase as a whole than one user

i wanted a nice, even distribution of power/responsibility

see:

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 19, 2017, 01:01:25 PM
well some input from david would be nice but he seems to have become quite busy lately lol :'(

what's the alternative if not to allow hiro and other volunteers to handle it, though

like i said, i'll take an advisory but mostly hands-off approach and assist with planning (other mods can help but aren't obligated to), but it will be hiro and whoever else actually initiating the awards and doing the surveying/polling

my primary criteria for launching this (aside from admin approval) is that there must be at least two or three non-mod volunteers other than hiro; if no other standard members express any serious interest in contributing then we'll almost certainly get nowhere

Quote from: Khadafi on May 19, 2017, 11:23:35 AM
We changed that last time and look wot happen

[spoiler]

i myself wasn't here last time so i missed out on this lol >.<[/spoiler]

but i can imagine, like always, either it was delayed for months or the videos took forever or were never even finished

none of the forum staff objected to this

i eventually waived that stipulation after hiro's insistence

here is the pm i sent to jmv on june 7 after agreeing with hiro that we could proceed with just one volunteer:

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 07, 2017, 08:31:04 PM
awards board w/ hiro as local mod y/n

literally who cares what happens, he's the only one who's expressed any interest in doing the awards so we have absolutely nothing to lose lol

jmv created the awards board two days later

finally, there is one other boundary i imposed:

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 31, 2017, 05:12:49 PM
well i'm waiting for you to formally volunteer lol

and no, my role will be minimal for the most part

i'm just getting the process started, but after that it'll be the volunteers doing the bulk of the work (provided we actually manage to get enough)

as in, if we did not get enough volunteers, then i would step in and fill the gap

note that this condition was implemented on may 4th, over a month before the awards were launched

and this condition has not been and will not be waived

tl;dr: none of these rules is either arbitrary or new, and hiro was never intended to become the sole/ultimate authority on the 2017 awards

and thank you for doing your civic duty girl;

Kalahari Inkantation

poll's over

i wish we had a larger sample size than just 6 but it seems the yes vote won

now let's quickly discuss which 12 awards we'd like to add, it doesn't necessarily have to be the ones i selected

which, as a reminder, are these:

QuoteEmote of the Year   - 4 (2.4%)

The Roller Coaster of Quota Award for Most Inconsistent Activity   - 4 (2.4%)

Most Diligent Noposter   - 4 (2.4%)

Split "Best New Meme" into "Best New Boyah Meme" and "Best New Non-Boyah Meme"   - 4 (2.4%)

Cutest Boyah Couple   - 3 (1.8%)

Best Current Username   - 3 (1.8%)

Most Argumentative   - 3 (1.8%)

Most Stressed Out   - 2 (1.2%)

Deadliest Boyager   - 3 (1.8%)

Manliest Boyager   - 4 (2.4%)

Most Feminine Boyager   - 2 (1.2%)

Worst Attempt at Being Funny   - 4 (2.4%)

although there are some on this list that i will insist we keep

6M69I69B9

A lot of those categories kind of suck tho ig. Idk is be fine with adding 10 or even just 5.
yeah this
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Kalahari Inkantation

then see my previous comment and make suggestions PLZ

Samus Aran

i like these:

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 26, 2017, 10:16:39 AM

The Roller Coaster of Quota Award for Most Inconsistent Activity   - 4 (2.4%)

Most Diligent Noposter   - 4 (2.4%)

Cutest Boyah Couple   - 3 (1.8%)

Best Current Username   - 3 (1.8%)

Most Argumentative   - 3 (1.8%)

Most Stressed Out   - 2 (1.2%)

Kalahari Inkantation

are there any you'd like to see added that aren't already on the list of 12 y/n

YPrrrr

These 3:

Least Anime
Best Current Username
Most Argumentative

Are the only ones that I'd vote for. Whatever the other 7 or 9 are I don't care rly

Go Up