April 17, 2024, 09:56:05 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Food Pet Peeves

Started by silvertone, June 21, 2017, 02:15:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

we probably got this thread already, but i just want to state that places that serve gyros but dont offer lamb is bullshit.

YPrrrr

That is a shame, probably because lamb is more expensive

When the movie theater assumes you want your popcorn to be doused in liquid butter :(

Hiro

Quote from: YPargh on June 21, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
When the movie theater assumes you want your popcorn to be doused in liquid butter :(
I've found Harkins does a moderate amount of butter and often just ask how much you want
I always ask for extra sillydood;

Hiro

Mine is all these trendy sweets places like donut shops, ice cream parlors etc that have the most mediocre product but get attention because they cover everything in a rainbow of glaze/syrup and drown them in awful sprinkles etc

YPrrrr

Quote from: ƕɾο on June 21, 2017, 03:51:20 PM
Mine is all these trendy sweets places like donut shops, ice cream parlors etc that have the most mediocre product but get attention because they cover everything in a rainbow of glaze/syrup and drown them in awful sprinkles etc
this is true. I guess people have seen too much of these sorts of things get internet attention and decided they can do it themselves when they can't

Hiro

even the places that would potentially make good things are ruining it with all that shit

Thyme

ppl who eat pizza with utensils

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

>search for "eating muffin top"

>get a bunch of fat women

ugh[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

also, embarrassingly uneducated non-celiac gluten-freetards

and the sorts of ignorant clowns who love to loudly complain that msg is literally killing them despite having no idea what msg even is

strongbad

just about anyone ordering coffee i have some kind of problem with

Hiro

Quote from: antmaster5000 on June 24, 2017, 08:57:53 AM
please elaborate, in what ways are we doing it all wrong

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on June 24, 2017, 11:40:23 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on June 24, 2017, 08:57:53 AM
please elaborate, in what ways are we doing it all wrong

i wonder if those who behave as if sugary coffee-flavored milkshakes deserve to be called '''coffee''' set him off especially badly lol

[spoiler]

those are basically the only coffee-based beverages i like

but i recognize that they're not really coffee[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler=controversial tecpinion]

the air of anti-gmo alarmism despite the fact that most people don't have even the slightest idea of what a gmo actually is or how it might affect them
[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

July 03, 2017, 07:00:36 PM #13 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 07:09:03 PM by YPargh
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 03, 2017, 04:39:31 PM

the air of anti-gmo alarmism despite the fact that most people don't have even the slightest idea of what a gmo actually is or how it might affect them
[/spoiler]
I suppose such is the cost of developing resilient plants that will produce the gains necessary to feed the human population. Blindly trusting Montsano ain't the way to go either. There's room for caution ofc

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on July 03, 2017, 07:00:36 PM

[/spoiler]
The problem is a lot of gmos aren't properly tested in regards to what their effects will be.

Genuinely curious, is there an example you have in mind? befuddlement

Quote from: YPargh on July 03, 2017, 07:00:36 PM

[/spoiler]
I suppose such is the cost of developing resilient plants that will produce the gains necessary to feed the human population. Blindly trusting Montsano ain't the way to go either. There's room for caution ofc

i would never blindingly trust monsanto, nor would i ever advise or suggest they be blindly trusted lol

i have yet to see an example of gmo produce that is any worse for human consumption than a non-gmo equivalent, but if there's been a new development on that front i'm interested in seeing for myself

there certainly is room for caution, and so far the real cost of mass-producing resilient plants has been ecological, in theory (crossing over of genes for resilience into pest species would be an enormous problem) and legal, in practice (monsanto's pursuit of flimsy copyright infringement claims is often devastating, and devastatingly petty; plus the whole notion of gene patenting in general has terrifying implications)

but as far as i'm aware, as far as human nutrition goes, gmos are equally as safe as non-gmos, if not outright better because of the ability to augment their nutritional value through gene manipulation

Go Up