June 26, 2024, 03:23:46 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of console hardware updates

Started by bluaki, June 12, 2016, 01:55:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

June 12, 2016, 01:55:15 PM Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:12:09 PM by bluaki
has nobody really posted about this yet

Xbox One S has been "leaked" by Microsoft's site: http://gematsu.com/2016/06/xbox-one-s-slim-model-leaked

"40% smaller" by Microsoft's arbitrary metric, 2TB hard drive, 4K HDR video streaming, a slightly changed controller, and a vertical stand.

Not yet announced but widely reported, there's yet another Xbone which is supposedly more powerful and Sony's PS4K.

Thyme

i can't wait for eurogamer's digital foundry articles where they'll play the newer games on the old consoles

TooB

The xbone has not painted a positive enough picture for me to even begin about thinking about buying an updated xbone...

Unless mine breaks.

don't let's

ME##

Quote from: Djyme on June 12, 2016, 02:12:58 PM
i can't wait for eurogamer's digital foundry articles where they'll play the newer games on the old consoles
'finally the current consoles are strong enough to play last gen games at 30 fps'

Kalahari Inkantation

it would be extremely dishonest (but completely unsurprising) of them to formally announce this without also mentioning that they plan to release another, significantly enhanced xbox model just a few months down the line

Quote from: Djyme on June 12, 2016, 02:12:58 PM

those will be a pleasure to read

C.Mongler

looks nice, but also there's like 2 exclusives left on that console if rumors are true lol so i'll just be investing into a 1070 or 1080 GPU instead

bluaki

Microsoft's E3 conference started with the Xbox One S and ended with a teaser announcement of Project Scorpio.

Xbone S, in addition to having a much smaller console size, still had enough space left to fit the power supply inside the console instead of making it a separate power brick. 4K is used for not only online streaming but also its disc drive supports the new UHD Blu-Ray discs. The base price of $300 comes with only 500GB, but you can pay more for up to 2TB.

The new Xbone controller supports Bluetooth, which should mean you can use it wirelessly on PC without buying any kind of adapter. This probably plays into this conference's very strong emphasis on "Exclusive to Xbox One and Windows 10".

They claim Project Scorpio has 8 CPU cores and 6 teraflops, but they didn't give any specific details or show what the box will look like or anything else. It's launching next year and, like the PS4 Neo, maintains forward compatibility of the old system with all newer games.

Thyme

"xbone" coming from someone like tec sounds perfectly normal
from you it sounds dirty :(

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Djyme on June 13, 2016, 11:43:15 AM
"xbone" coming from someone like tec sounds perfectly normal
from you it sounds dirty :(
it sounds very innocuous to me

Commander Fuckass

Be sure to buy a Controller if you want that XB1 Slim because it doesnt come with one   n_n
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

Go Up