October 27, 2024, 01:19:28 PM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what's a tooth extraction like

Started by ??????, June 08, 2016, 11:32:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

??????

a fourth molar is erupting and the pain is really mild
I don't know if itll fully erupt

do they use an anesthetic needle
they're SO painful and surgery in general really does me a frighten

It doesn't take two hours does it ? :'(

Joice

depends. i had to get 9 teeth removed (i had 5 wisdom teeth for some reason and 4 others so i could get braces) and they put me under for the whole procedure.

but i guess if youre getting a tooth pulled, they'll just numb you up with some ointment first then do the novocaine injection- less painful that way.

you'll be fine

don't let's

When I was younger I had four teeth all at once cut out of my gums that were trying to come though but my mouth was too small for them. I was knocked out and had an iv and got stiches in my mouth.

Travis

they give you multiple shots into your gums and cheeks to numb it then the dentist basically uses pliers to pull it out . it doesnt hurt but it feels basically like someone is yanking on your tooth as hard as they can which feels incredibly strange. my wisdom teeth were in there GOOD so it took a long ass time for him to yank em all out he said i had some strong ass teef

??????

do the shots hurt
i really hope i get put down under via gas all these stories wtf stitches

anaesthetic needles give me a lot of fear
I remember getting numbed via needle and i can still remember the pain really vividly lol

im not like felt so it takes a lot to make me wince and that needle kinda almost made me wanna yell if it took 10 more seconds

Travis

they feel like a sharp sting but they arent too terrible. shots into your mouth are less painful/unpleasant than your arm  imo. they def wont put you under if youre only getting 1 tooth taken out. i mean i think you can request it if you want but im not sure

strongbad

i remember the needle was more painful than any other part of the procedure

pretty sure if you say you are anxious they are legally obliged to give you laughing gas

ME##

I was anesthesied for my wisdom teeth removal.   I think they used too much though because I honestly walked back to the car like a drunk person, stumbling around everywhere and hitting my head on the he door frame.

silvertone

Quote from: David on June 09, 2016, 03:23:21 AM
I was anesthesied for my wisdom teeth removal.   I think they used too much though because I honestly walked back to the car like a drunk person, stumbling around everywhere and hitting my head on the he door frame.
i had a similar expiereince. the drive home though was fine

Daddy

im a real man and other than bleeding i was ok later that day

C.Mongler

i dont know what happened when i got my wisdom teeth out, i was drugged to high hell lol

strongbad

pretty sure that's normal

i got kinda fucked though my mom threw away my painkillers after like one day and i was stuck with tylenol
the one chance i have to abuse legit opiates ;-;

ME##

Quote from: antmaster5000 on June 09, 2016, 07:23:49 AM

pretty sure that's normal

i got kinda fucked though my mom threw away my painkillers after like one day and i was stuck with tylenol
the one chance i have to abuse legit opiates ;-;
tfw my oral surgeon was a bro and gave me like three refills of the Vicodin prescription and then another after the checkup to make sure no dry sockets had formed 

TooB

I was awake for my whole wisdom teeth procedure.
obviously I was numbed.

One of them wouldn't come out smoothly, so they had to break it on half essentially, and pull the pieces

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be

squirrelfriend

i should get mine done tbh
only one came in and the other three are just there

Go Up