breaking: nintendo shits out yet another zelda """remake"""

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 13, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will Zelda U ever actually come to Wii U?

Yes, exclusively
1 (10%)
Yes, but it will be a watered-down port of the superior NX version
5 (50%)
No, it will be an NX exclusive
4 (40%)
It will never see the light of day on any platform
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

Samus Aran

tp was already an ugly game the moment it released and it still looks ugly in hd n_n

C.Mongler

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on January 21, 2016, 12:39:22 PM
tp was already an ugly game the moment it released and it still looks ugly in hd n_n

also tru lol. i just meant like on the scale of AYCHDEE REEMASTURDS, TP HD looks pretty standard. i guess nintendo has embedded fans with higher expectations after WW HD and OoT 3D (and by extension MM 3D) considering both of those were hard remakes, whereas this is just texture, draw distance, and lighting upscaling.

[spoiler]which is what 99% of these 'hd remasters' are anyway. here's to lookin at you DMC collection, MGS collection, Sly collection, Shadow of the Colossus/Ico collection, zone of the enders collection AND MILLIONS MORE[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 21, 2016, 01:00:41 PM
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on January 21, 2016, 12:39:22 PM

also tru lol. i just meant like on the scale of AYCHDEE REEMASTURDS, TP HD looks pretty standard. i guess nintendo has embedded fans with higher expectations after WW HD and OoT 3D (and by extension MM 3D) considering both of those were hard remakes, whereas this is just texture, draw distance, and lighting upscaling.

[spoiler]which is what 99% of these 'hd remasters' are anyway. here's to lookin at you DMC collection, MGS collection, Sly collection, Shadow of the Colossus/Ico collection, zone of the enders collection AND MILLIONS MORE[/spoiler]
to give a little credit, most of the ones you listed at least improved framerate.

but it's not like tp needs 60 fps anyway.

TooB

you never know though, maybe there WILL be some changes made that just haven't surfaced, though I can't imagine anything like the fast sail  in wwHD

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 21, 2016, 07:57:33 AM
Quote from: Tectron on January 21, 2016, 07:11:14 AM
unlike many of the other games being lazily upscaled, tp was hideous from the minute it was launched

this could have been their chance to fix that awdood;

and the games being upscaled for replaystation4/xbollox one were built from the ground up using hd assets to begin with, the graphical discrepancy between them and actual 8th gen games isn't as great and so they simply don't need as much work lol

tp didn't have that luxury, and i guess it never will

also the fact that bad industry practices are widespread doesn't absolve nintendo of guilt for following such trends, but i suppose that doesn't really matter when things like this sell oodles anyway

sooooooo you're giving sony a pass for doing lazy horse shit but not nintendo? because that's 100% exactly what you're saying with that statement lmao "up-porting" games that have basically no gains to be made besides being able to be sold to a new install base is the definition of lazy and cash-grabbing lol

like yeah it would be nice if nintendo LITERALLY REMADE twilight princess as it seems like you have some weird expectation for them to do, but i don't think thats a realistic expectation for a game thats not going to sell that great on a system that already hasn't sold well. honestly the graffix from the latest trailer look pretty spiffy, and if you don't think so you've got some MAJORRRR rose tinted glasses on because the OG Wii release of TP looks like fucking ass now.

not really

i'm saying that relative to uncharted 4 and the like, the ps3 uncharteds still look good (which certainly does make them some of the least necessary rereleases of all time were it not for the fact that backwards compatibility has now been monetized)

whereas tp was an eyesore from day one and the difference between it and zelda u is staggering, demonstrating that there is clearly much room for improvement

i would love for nintendo to take the opportunity to graphically overhaul a game that desperately needs it rather than just make minor touch-ups that are barely perceptible unless we're doing a side-by-side comparison, because what's the point otherwise - the wii version of tp is already playable on wii u

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTqY2B_feM[/youtube]

but i suppose this rerelease was only ever meant to be a cheap cash grab to fill in yet another highly conspicuous software gap in the wii u's anemic-as-always lineup

additionally, the hd ports on other consoles tend to be priced a lot less offensively than tphd, only series compilations ever have an initial msrp as high as $60 while remasters of single entries tend to be $30-$40 (and even that i feel is overpriced)

don't let's

I was always fine with the way TP looked. At least aesthetically. Been forever since I've seen it though.

Classic

I feel like the clarity in the HD version makes it lose that dream-like dreariness state the originals had.

Not that it helped anyway.

TP always looked like an uninspired NINTENDO x TIM BURTON myspace fanfic. It's understandable to want a darker, more mature Zelda title. I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about that road. Look at OoT/OoT3D and MM/MM3D. Even in the remakes, it had a darker style while still having its own unique look.

So again, I am getting it for the amiibo and release date for Zelda NX.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on January 21, 2016, 03:41:55 PM
not really

i'm saying that relative to uncharted 4 and the like, the ps3 uncharteds still look good (which certainly does make them some of the least necessary rereleases of all time were it not for the fact that backwards compatibility has now been monetized)

whereas tp was an eyesore from day one and the difference between it and zelda u is staggering, demonstrating that there is clearly much room for improvement

i would love for nintendo to take the opportunity to graphically overhaul a game that desperately needs it rather than just make minor touch-ups that are barely perceptible unless we're doing a side-by-side comparison, because what's the point otherwise - the wii version of tp is already playable on wii u

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTqY2B_feM[/youtube]

but i suppose this rerelease was only ever meant to be a cheap cash grab to fill in yet another highly conspicuous software gap in the wii u's anemic-as-always lineup

additionally, the hd ports on other consoles tend to be priced a lot less offensively than tphd, only series compilations ever have an initial msrp as high as $60 while remasters of single entries tend to be $30-$40 (and even that i feel is overpriced)

yeah what im getting at is you should be fucking furious about the uncharted and last of us hd remasters because they're fucking way more pointless than the tp one is lmao

also nintendo isn't developing the port homie lol hence why they're not going to devote actual development time on this when they're making a new fucking zelda game at the same time lol

& thanks for the vid, visuals look way better than the orange/red mess that OG TP was lol

[spoiler]game is still shit even if they did actually remake it so there's that too lmao[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

they should've taken a cue from their wind waker triforce collecting tweaks (and the much more fun tear collecting in skyward sword) and fixed the awful tear collecting in twilight princess

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on January 24, 2016, 01:28:17 PM
they should've taken a cue from their wind waker triforce collecting tweaks (and the much more fun tear collecting in skyward sword) and fixed the awful tear collecting in twilight princess

if recent screenshots are to be trusted, they actually did just that

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/01/13/twilight-princess-hd-to-have-fewer-tears-of-light-to-collect/

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

TOOT TOOT NEW VID

[youtube]pBIo8gTrWl4[/youtube]

i mean obviously its not a full fledged remake of the game, but it looks way damn better than it used to

ILLIA'S LIPS AT 30 SECONDS THO LMFAO

bluaki

that's basically what TP on Wii looks like when you run it in an emulator with higher resolution
that said, it still looks way better than it did when played on actual Wii hardware

compared to the original, the only visual differences I notice are that textures are higher-resolution (as in they're the same pictures but not downscaled as much, but not enough to be noticeable in most shots) and they changed the Twilight Realm lighting to have what looks like less bloom and less added-blur

it's hard to say they really put much work into improving the visuals, but rather just ported everything over to Wii U and let its better GPU do what it can on the unchanged resources they already had

also the game's cover art has major game spoilers akudood;

C.Mongler

i mean you just described an hd remaster in a nutshell yes  doodhuh;

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 29, 2016, 10:18:09 AM
i mean you just described an hd remaster in a nutshell yes  doodhuh;
it's pretty much all they did with WW.

Yes, WWHD added some things, and made some things better, but do we know for a fact that TPHD won't either?

Go Up