June 16, 2024, 11:19:53 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Started by The artist formally known, January 21, 2015, 02:47:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised

mid-80s is about what i was expecting for this game

Thyme

for a jrpg that's a great score lol

[spoiler]tho personally i think it's a great score for any game because i'm not a tectron[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

i mean i think it's a perfectly fine score too lol goowan

i wasn't implying anything by linking to my favorite review aggregator, provocative as those posts tend to be

it's just too bad that it's not going to mean anything when it comes to sales, xenoblade represents a niche genre on a hyperniche platform

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on December 01, 2015, 08:00:33 PM
pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised

mid-80s is about what i was expecting for this game
not unpleasant per se

but considering that the wii one got 9's and 10's...

bluaki

Quote from: Whyme on November 14, 2015, 05:51:44 AM
thank you nintendo for giving me a safe space in which i can enjoy video games without having to face the inherent misogyny of video game """culture"""
I can counter this with an SJW argument: removing that boob slider is  worse than leaving it in; it implies that female bodies are shameful, even down to a detail like breast size which is a major factor in a woman's appearance even under clothes. Removing that slider unnecessary harms immersion for women whose body type doesn't match the default and, worse, can reinforce the patriarchy-induced negative thoughts about their breast size being "wrong", "bad", or "weird".

But, seriously, I can't see the point of this exclusion and it is a fairly significant feature removal for censorship in a T-rated game of a very tame and even E-friendly feature. Does the character customization have options for other body type details like height, weight, skin tone, face shape? If so, breast size is a fitting control to have. Of course it's fine to limit it enough that you don't get Eiken characters. Do other character creators, like Sims or Bethesda games, have one?

C.Mongler

i mean its totally for fear of backlash because some exec was like I DUNNO THEY GET MAD ABOUT EVERYTHING THESE DAYS

i dont really care if it's in the game or not, not having giant anime tiddies isnt going to ruin MUH IMMERSION but its kind of silly they had to send craig a memo that was like 'hey buddy hows the translating going oh by the way could you just, ya know, take out the bust slider? thanks'

TooB

not too excited that they went the "silent protagonist" route.

Kalahari Inkantation

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2015/12/05/warning-the-xenoblade-chronicles-x-usb-drive-is-causing-issues/

QuoteThe Xenoblade USB stick blocks user access to the Y: drive as soon as you open up the soundtrack executable file, likely in an effort to prevent piracy. Unfortunately this change is never reverted, even when the stick is removed, meaning access to the Y: drive is permanently blocked.

ah, yes, anti-consumer drm that doubles as destructive malware

it's like they want me to pirate this

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on December 05, 2015, 01:37:19 PM
http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2015/12/05/warning-the-xenoblade-chronicles-x-usb-drive-is-causing-issues/

QuoteThe Xenoblade USB stick blocks user access to the Y: drive as soon as you open up the soundtrack executable file, likely in an effort to prevent piracy. Unfortunately this change is never reverted, even when the stick is removed, meaning access to the Y: drive is permanently blocked.

ah, yes, anti-consumer drm that doubles as destructive malware

it's like they want me to pirate this
forums.ffshrine.org

you have to sign up but I use it all the time for many ost's
including XCX

Go Up