June 16, 2024, 11:03:07 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Started by The artist formally known, January 21, 2015, 02:47:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

they couldn't censor the entirety of bayonetta 2, they'd have nothing left lol

that plus the massive hype surrounding it is probably why it went by unscathed, a censored bayonetta wouldn't even be bayonetta

Thyme

thank you nintendo for giving me a safe space in which i can enjoy video games without having to face the inherent misogyny of video game """culture"""

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 14, 2015, 03:47:11 AM
they couldn't censor the entirety of bayonetta 2, they'd have nothing left lol

that plus the massive hype surrounding it is probably why it went by unscathed, a censored bayonetta wouldn't even be bayonetta
Nintendo is an enigma.

They don't listen to the people who want them to give us more games, or changes w want to see, instead they listen to people complaining on the internet about "too sexy."

Nyerp

i don't think anyone is complaining about anything though lol. nintendo is just fucking stupid

Classic

I can't tell if I want this or not.

Thyme

so you're not really feeling it?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on November 14, 2015, 09:57:13 AM
i don't think anyone is complaining about anything though lol. nintendo is just fucking stupid

this

was anybody actually complaining for nintendo to remove blood, religious imagery, artistic nudity, etc. back in the snes days

nintendo is just maddeningly out of touch, and it's reflected in every decision it makes, and in the fact that it's become repulsive to both third party devs (who don't want their vision compromised) and consumers (who wish not to be treated like children) alike

unfortunately for monolith and the fatal frame ip, they can't just take their business over to sony anymore to avoid being spoiled by nintendo's idiocy

Hiro

honestly i'm starting to think Reggie is bad for nintendo

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 14, 2015, 12:44:39 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on November 14, 2015, 09:57:13 AM

this

was anybody actually complaining for nintendo to remove blood, religious imagery, artistic nudity, etc. back in the snes days

nintendo is just maddeningly out of touch, and it's reflected in every decision it makes, and in the fact that it's become repulsive to both third party devs (who don't want their vision compromised) and consumers (who wish not to be treated like children) alike

unfortunately for monolith and the fatal frame ip, they can't just take their business over to sony anymore to avoid being spoiled by nintendo's idiocy
sjw's was kinda what i was referring to

Kalahari Inkantation

i figured, but my point was that nintendo's been like this since well before such folk could convene on tumblr lol

and other companies don't seem to be as censor-happy as nintendo is, either

Hiro

yeah if anything nintendo's scared of christian conservatives and moms who believe every special report they see on the news about the next scandal that's going to ruin their children

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on November 14, 2015, 05:03:25 PM
yeah if anything nintendo's scared of christian conservatives and moms who believe every special report they see on the news about the next scandal that's going to ruin their children

yeah, which is crazy because such people don't even exist in large numbers, and even if they did they wouldn't be the type to buy games for their children anyway, so neutering content such as to minimize any possible offense at the expense of pissing off their actual market is just completely idiotic

it's even more ridiculous when you consider that xenoblade and fatal frame are t and m-rated games psyduck;

Hiro

Quote from: Tectron on November 14, 2015, 05:09:40 PM
yeah, which is crazy because such people don't even exist in large numbers, and even if they did they wouldn't be the type to buy games for their children anyway, so neutering content such as to minimize any possible offense at the expense of pissing off their actual market is just completely idiotic
nah, those types of moms at least are a big chunk of the people buying 3DSes for their children

Quote from: Tectron on November 14, 2015, 05:09:40 PM
it's even more ridiculous when you consider that xenoblade and fatal frame are t and m-rated games psyduck;
this is a good point but when has nintendo ever been logical

TooB

But they WERE better during the gcn era. or at least comparatively.

Go Up