June 16, 2024, 09:51:16 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Started by The artist formally known, January 21, 2015, 02:47:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

January 21, 2015, 02:47:54 PM Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:19:46 PM by reefer
I haven't bought a new game that I've never played the previous installments in a long, long time. I preordered this game though since it's quite my style of story and it looks fairly impressive.

TooB

Quote from: reefer on January 21, 2015, 02:47:54 PM
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-3Tc-yhMbM[/youtube]

I haven't bought a new game that I've never played the previous installments in a long, long time. I preordered this game though since it's quite my style of story and it looks fairly impressive.
it may be spiritually in the same series as the xenogears and xenosaga games, but story and gameplay-wise, it is nothing like them.

the story is completely on it's own, and it's a great game anyway. I think you'll like it

I hope so, there is a lot of hype around the game. I'm not a big JRPG fan but the visuals, scale, story, and of course hype got me interested enough to try it out.

What are the combat mechanics like? Any game similar in that area?

TooB

Quote from: reefer on January 21, 2015, 04:23:08 PM
I hope so, there is a lot of hype around the game. I'm not a big JRPG fan but the visuals, scale, story, and of course hype got me interested enough to try it out.

What are the combat mechanics like? Any game similar in that area?
uuuummmm... the only similar game I can think of is ff 12, at least console wise.

you have a selection of attacks and skills and skills have a cool-down mechanic and attacking is automatic.
kind of MMO style in a way I suppose.

silvertone

TooB

silvertone

damn, i hope it still available by april

TooB

lies, it'll be out in November most likely

silvertone

i hope this game is better than the other xeno games, only xenogears really rules. the others are good but lil bland jrpgy to get hyped about.
really the only thing that makes me want to get this game is that flying around the world w/ gears look sick as hell

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: fuchsmanguste on January 22, 2015, 12:16:00 AM
i hope this game is better than the other xeno games, only xenogears really rules. the others are good but lil bland jrpgy to get hyped about.
really the only thing that makes me want to get this game is that flying around the world w/ gears look sick as hell
Xenosaga is best
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

silvertone

xenosaga is poopoo peepee compared to gears

TooB

TooB

I just realized this thread was about the new one coming for wii u....

I've been talking about the original on wii....
srsly :(

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Jojo on January 22, 2015, 08:12:26 AM
I just realized this thread was about the new one coming for wii u....

I've been talking about the original on wii....
srsly :(
lol dayum you slow nigga
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up