June 26, 2024, 04:23:12 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

wawi

Quote from: ADX on April 08, 2017, 07:47:18 PM
it doesnt really compare to other zeldas. its pretty different.

ive collected i think 61 shines now and i havent gone to the southern half at all, and just now really exploring the west and havent touched the northwest.

i got a little burned out so im playing way less. feels a lot better, botw sort of took over my life for like a month.

what are shines?

rdl

wawi

Quote from: ADX on April 08, 2017, 07:50:38 PM
th e game has 120 shrines
oh cool, I just read about them now. sound fun

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on April 08, 2017, 03:00:35 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on April 08, 2017, 02:23:21 PM
[arin hanson voice] there is so much. goddamn. waiting. in breath of the wild
in this game, its actually true

well, mostly. you can always use stasis+ to freeze enemies that are hard to just wail on otherwise (like those fucking annoying lizalfos). but yeah, with lizalfos especially you're often stuck just waiting for them to attack. those fuckers just dodge backward if you try to hit them first.

the flurry attacks are, honestly, relied on a bit too heavily by this game. i don't fault the game for this too much, but it is a thing.

TooB

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on April 08, 2017, 08:36:12 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on April 08, 2017, 03:00:35 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on April 08, 2017, 02:23:21 PM
[arin hanson voice] there is so much. goddamn. waiting. in breath of the wild
in this game, its actually true

well, mostly. you can always use stasis+ to freeze enemies that are hard to just wail on otherwise (like those fucking annoying lizalfos). but yeah, with lizalfos especially you're often stuck just waiting for them to attack. those fuckers just dodge backward if you try to hit them first.

the flurry attacks are, honestly, relied on a bit too heavily by this game. i don't fault the game for this too much, but it is a thing.
i actually meant more the weather. Cause the rain sucks in this game

rdl

youre supposed to use bonfires for the rain. thats what the wood and flint are for.

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on April 08, 2017, 09:03:23 PM
youre supposed to use bonfires for the rain. thats what the wood and flint are for.

you can't light a fire in the fucking rain lmao

there really is nothing you can do but fucking stand there and wait for the rain to stop. it's a huge, huge pain.

granted, most walls aren't exactly perfectly vertical so you may be able to position a fire under an outcropping, but such opportunities are few and far between. in almost every case, rain ruins any attempt at climbing.

rdl

well if you want to be a victim fine go right ahead, nah you have to go under a tree, or a cliff, or a ruined building, and light a fire. why else can you make bonfires?

TooB

Quote from: ADX on April 08, 2017, 09:03:23 PM
its kinda lame that you gotta stop trying to climb something just to do that, just because it has to rain

rdl

also re:climbing youre supposed to look for ledges and flat surfaces to run up on. its crazy that people literally just push the stick up to climb a wall, i get so bored climbing most things. so, generally ive never had to stop climbing a wall bc it was raining, im guessing thats people exaggerating though

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on April 08, 2017, 09:40:43 PM
well if you want to be a victim fine go right ahead, nah you have to go under a tree, or a cliff, or a ruined building, and light a fire. why else can you make bonfires?

wait, does doing it under a tree actually work?

btw, the actual way to avoid this: revali's gale

rdl

depends on how big the tree is, but yes you literally just need a solid object over your head

Samus Aran

damn lmao i never thought of trying it under a tree, i've always just used cliff overhangs since i'm usually trying to climb said cliff

rdl

im unemployed and i still havent beaten this game

wtf fam

C.Mongler

im employed and i forgot this game existed until now

Go Up