June 26, 2024, 12:02:06 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

C.Mongler

a game with no plot is....fan service???

rdl

there are like a billion references to everything

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on March 09, 2017, 01:26:30 PM

Recurring themes, objects, characters, etc. exist in Zelda because it's an interconnected series, not because of "fanservice" lol

bluaki

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 08, 2017, 05:07:05 AM
but really how do you catch bugs in this game
walk up to them and press A

They're less likely to flee if you approach slowly while crouching. With multiple Stealth Up bonuses you can basically just walk up to anything and grab it and nothing runs away. You can also catch fish this way.

Bugs generally disappear when attacked, some small critters can be obtained either live or dead, and larger stuff can give you meat items only after killing.

TooB

C.Mongler

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 09, 2017, 04:44:11 PM
Quote from: ADX on March 09, 2017, 01:26:30 PM

Recurring themes, objects, characters, etc. exist in Zelda because it's an interconnected series, not because of "fanservice" lol
yeah i was about to say, if you are bothered by a game having an established lore and canon, perhaps you should have picked up something like Horizon Zero Dawn and not the 19th mainline game in a franchise.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: ƕɾο on March 09, 2017, 11:34:05 AM
Quote from: Tectron on March 06, 2017, 06:38:42 AM
[spoiler= no spoils, just a controversial tecopinion]

the "original zelda feel" SUCKS

i hope botw is absolutely nothing like that

gee, i sure do enjoy being dumped in the middle of nowhere and wandering around aimlessly for hours at a time while burning arbitrary bushes and bombing random walls until i find a thing !!![/spoiler]
I quite like the original zelda, and it does have that feeling but not exactly. you get indications of which way to go if you want to progress the plot, and the game actually rewards you constantly for exploring. wandering is a lot of fun and in no way punishing in this game vs the original zelda, it's just that it gives you the freedom and sense of exploration and encountering new things that the original had, but in a far more polished and relaxed way.

also in regards to amiibo in this game, BotW Zelda seems like the best new one to get, and Wolf Link seems like a great addition, but Smash Link seems like probably the best one to get. I'm pretty happy with what the 5 Zelda amiibo I already have give me: OoT Link, Sheik, WW Link & Zelda (and Toon Link). 8-Bit Link might be neat too iunno, but honestly the BotW line of amiibo themselves don't seem especially useful.

also can I just say that I'm really happy to have
[spoiler=minor character you encounter in the first 5 hours]Beedle[/spoiler]
back in this game I love that fucker
Guardian amiibo is neat, gives you ancient cores and shit
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

So last night I found

[spoiler=spoiler if you've never played a damn Zelda game before]The Lost Woods and it took me a while but I did eventually find my way through it to Korok Forest, where the Master Sword is. apparently, even tho you can try any time, actually succeeding in pulling the sword requires you to have a certain amount of hearts[/spoiler]

rdl

i got to the second village. starting to like it again, don't really mind the enemies being the same yet but maybe by the end i will.

this game feels better if i see it as an rpg. it reminds me of final fantasy for some reason, idk why, the song from the second village sounds like its from ff9 lol. but yeah, i dunno, just the way it immerses you is very RPG-ish, which is cool.

[spoiler]also why does the great fairy have to be fat now srsly nintendo[/spoiler]

bluaki

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 10, 2017, 05:44:57 PM
So last night I found

[spoiler=spoiler if you've never played a damn Zelda game before]The Lost Woods and it took me a while but I did eventually find my way through it to Korok Forest, where the Master Sword is. apparently, even tho you can try any time, actually succeeding in pulling the sword requires you to have a certain amount of hearts[/spoiler]
The number you need is
[spoiler]13 real hearts. Bonus hearts you can get from food don't count.[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

went looking for a memory in Hyrule Castle somehow ended up in the underground and [spoiler]fought a sub-boss and got the Hylian shield, it has 90 for the defense stat[/spoiler]
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

rdl

lol my game froze going off the map somewhere and i had to hard reset. it was raining buckets and i saw some huge dragon off in the distance and the sun was rising so i guess i cant be too surprised.

zelda rpg is a weird game.

TooB

Got my first horse registered.
Aggro

TooB

Though this is just about the aesthetic of a village....

[spoiler]i love how Japanese Kakariko is[/spoiler]

rdl

i hate it personally

tfw my frat bro friend is like twice as far into the game as i am.

Go Up