October 03, 2024, 02:17:03 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

fav controller

Started by Hiro, November 13, 2014, 12:43:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Hiro

might get one of those eventually

bluaki

Of the controllers I own, my preference is roughly:
Wii U Pro > DS4 > DS3 > Wii Remote+Nunchuk > Wii U GamePad > Wavebird > DS2 = DualShock > Gamecube > Wii Classic Pro > Wii Classic > 360 > SNES > keyboard+mouse > N64 > NES

[spoiler]

• Wii U Pro is the best controller I've used, thanks to Nintendo's dpad, overall great joysticks+buttons, grip shape, bluetooth wireless, rechargeable, and insane battery life.

• DualShock 4/3 are fairly good wireless controllers with built-in rechargeable battery and decent dpads

• Wii Remote's pointer is great for plenty of pointer-based games like Trauma Center and Pikmin. I'm not particularly fond of motion controls. I usually prefer other controller options in games that aren't pointer-heavy.

• Wii U GamePad is a bit bulky, but the screen can be nice sometimes. In all the games I've tried, I honestly find the touchscreen more of a hindrance than a feature for any purpose but Off-TV Play. Maybe Kirby's Rainbow Curse will make me appreciate it more.

• Gamecube controllers are neat, but it has quite a few drawbacks between the dpad, C-Stick, and lack of ZL button. Compared to more modern controllers, they're rather prone to failure (loose joystick, stuck buttons, etc) and Wavebird's AA battery bulk and proprietary RF receiver are less than ideal.

• Wii Classic Controllers are pretty neat, but something about them feels slightly less comfortable than Gamecube controller in games like Smash. I believe chaining them to Wii Remote is worse than standalone wireless controllers, but better than typical wired controllers.

• 360 controller has an awful dpad, but is otherwise decent. I don't like the wireless model as much because of proprietary receiver and AA batteries. Aside from dpad and wires, I think its other features (shape/joysticks/triggers) are actually better than the DualShock series.

• SNES controller was good for a time when joysticks had no purpose and wireless controllers didn't exist.

• keyboard+mouse simply doesn't suit the game genres I like

• N64 had bad shape and a bad joystick

[/spoiler]

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

TooB

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

TooB

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

TooB

anybody remember when they released this thing?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Remember this eastern bloc classic?

silvertone

ME##

Go Up