October 03, 2024, 08:28:05 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire

Started by ncba93ivyase, May 07, 2014, 07:22:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

oh, and it'll be great to have another game directly compatible with pokemon bank, with pokemon able to move back and forth, just like x/y

uh, presuming that it will be. at least, i don't see why it wouldn't be. probably just can't move post-gen iii pokemon to it

YPrrrr

Quote from: Presea Combatir on May 07, 2014, 09:55:10 AM
oh, and it'll be great to have another game directly compatible with pokemon bank, with pokemon able to move back and forth, just like x/y

uh, presuming that it will be. at least, i don't see why it wouldn't be. probably just can't move post-gen iii pokemon to it
With the Gold/Silver remakes you could move any pokemon from any generation available at the time to them so I don't see why this would be different

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy on May 07, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
But are you excited for the trumpets?
I doubt there will be trumpets

Have you heard any of the Hoenn songs in non-GBA games like Pokemon XD or Black2/White2? They lose most trumpets. These games are no exception; unless we get another GB Music key item, it's not like a 3DS game will use a GBA soundfont.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqJXNPmG-Q[/youtube][/spoiler]

Quote from: Presea Combatir on May 07, 2014, 09:55:10 AM

In both FRLG and HGSS, you can only catch old pokemon up until you beat the Champion, then you unlock new areas and new ways to catch newer pokemon. You can also trade with, respectively, other gen3 or other gen4 games.

This will undoubtedly be the same. Although, in Gen4, there was My Pokemon Ranch which never was compatible with HGSS, Gamefreak seems to care a lot more about Pokemon Bank so I'm sure they will support OR/AS

Nyerp

why do pokebabies love re-buying games they've already played

the only reason you should be excited for this is if you're a literal child who missed the games the first time around, there's no excuse otherwise

bluaki

There's also a chance, going by the video text, that this isn't a straight remake like FRLG/HGSS were but rather some sort of sequel or other vaguely-related new game.

Possibly like Black2/White2 in this way. Or it might not even be Hoenn, but I doubt that.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: bluaki on May 07, 2014, 10:42:10 AM
There's also a chance, going by the video text, that this isn't a straight remake like FRLG/HGSS were but rather some sort of sequel or other vaguely-related new game.

Possibly like Black2/White2 in this way. Or it might not even be Hoenn, but I doubt that.
judging by the title it is a straight remake with just some additional features introduced by the new games

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

bluaki

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on May 07, 2014, 10:45:43 AM
Quote from: bluaki on May 07, 2014, 10:42:10 AM

judging by the title it is a straight remake with just some additional features introduced by the new games
how do the titles say anything but that they're related in some way to ruby and sapphire

to be fair, gamefreak has always been extremely liberal with what they call "new"
"An epic new adventure is coming! Explore a dramatic new world!"

They probably still are regular remakes, but we don't really know anything about them yet.

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on May 07, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
But are you excited for the trumpets?
i fucking hope they don't fuck up the music

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on May 07, 2014, 10:38:04 AM
why do pokebabies love re-buying games they've already played

the only reason you should be excited for this is if you're a literal child who missed the games the first time around, there's no excuse otherwise

it's not any different than re-buying any other game you enjoy that gets a significant overhaul later on

and this IS significant. many of the mechanics have since changed.

Nyerp

what game franchise gets more "significant overhauls" than pokemon though

like havent you had enough

ME##

i have never played these games

looks like i'm a literal child

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on May 07, 2014, 01:12:11 PM

gotta buy 'em all, nyerp

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on May 07, 2014, 01:12:11 PM

Depends what you mean by "significant overhauls". Outside of Pokemon, nearly all game remakes have very little changed in terms of actual game mechanics and only small features added.

plenty of other franchises get more remakes than pokemon, though, as this is only the third time.

for Nintendo alone:
Zelda has Link's Awakening DX, LttP GBA, OoT Master Quest, OoT 3D, Wind Waker HD, Four Swords DSi
Mario has All-Stars (3 games), Super Mario Advance (4 games), SMB Deluxe, and SM64DS
Donkey Kong probably has even more, but I don't know them all

Nyerp

at least those games dont remake two versions of the same game into two "new" versions of the same game

don't let's

Go Up