September 29, 2024, 12:32:02 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

to boyagers who live on their own

Started by ncba93ivyase, January 15, 2014, 08:22:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

how great is it

how much do you like it

do you ever get lonely

are you glad you're living on your own

what's the best part of living on your own

[spoiler]i can't imagine living with my parents anymore because living in your own place is the best thing ever lol[/spoiler]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Classic

Daddy

Come May I can hopefully answer this  n_n

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i like it alot. the sense of freedom i got when i first moved away when intense and beautiful. Although I didn't do it as some other boyagers have (I stay with my older sister who has always looked out for me), i still learned a great deal and I'm 400percent certain that if I stayed in my hometown I would have eventually thrown my life away into a pot of unwanted pregnancy and resentment.

I do get lonely but I'm very sure that isn't related to living in my hometown

also i like how i don't have people fucking coming into my room every hour or so.

??????

it's really great
my parents contributed a lot to my depression
and my old town was really boring (and I didn't fit in with anyone here)

once i left, my depression started to fade away
the best part is that i can come home any time i want
and bring anyone i want over
and do whatever i want without someone yelling at me :'(

YPrrrr

Like by yourself completely or just away from family

ME##

it's like living on a small lawn where all those around you constantly watching and waiting for you to mess up

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: YPR Classic on January 15, 2014, 08:57:41 PM
Like by yourself completely or just away from family
by yourself or with a person who isn't family and you want to live with

i.e. no shitty roommates
Quote from: K L U X on January 15, 2014, 08:55:47 PM
it's really great

yeah just spending a weekend at my parents' house makes me miserable lol

they sit around watching tv all day and hassle me about why i don't have a low paying job and why i'm not doing this and that and they're not approachable people and i just can't talk to them at all and it feels like i'm living with some little demons who just want to tear me apart all day with smiles on their faces

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

??????

watching my parents watch tv is awful
they just sit there for hours on end
i just get really agitated just by looking at them
then they criticize me for 'wasting my time'

ncba93ivyase

when i got a job offer in sf they got mad at me because i was considering taking a high paying and potentially satisfying job over getting a meaningless college degree

strongbad

I live with one roommate and overall it's pretty great. He can annoy me when he doesn't do his dishes or whatever but he's one of my best friends and we play a lot of video games and do a lot of drugs together
I haven't lived with my parents since hs (I'm in my 4th year of college) and every year I've had a solid living situation. Whenever I go back to my parent's for more than a few days I go crazy

bluaki

I practically live by myself when at school

I'm really in a four-person four-room on-campus apartment, but none of us interact with the others.
And I only live here while classes are in session. I'm not even allowed to stay for any part of the breaks; the RAs kick us out during the weekend immediately after final exams and I have to return to my family.

Ever since I started attending university, I feel like the difference between living with family and living by myself is really drastic in terms of how happy I feel, how motivated I am to do things, and how easily I can focus.

Part of all that improvement changes whenever I get a phone call from them.

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 15, 2014, 09:06:38 PM
yeah just spending a weekend at my parents' house makes me miserable lol

they sit around watching tv all day and hassle me about why i don't have a low paying job and why i'm not doing this and that and they're not approachable people and i just can't talk to them at all and it feels like i'm living with some little demons who just want to tear me apart all day with smiles on their faces
I feel the same way about my family, or in particular mostly my mother.

It's just recently become even worse than usual thanks to my mom finding out I'm starting treatment for gender transition, being really shocked/surprised about this "happening so suddenly" (even though I told her I wanted this consistently for the past four years), actively trying to interfere with every professional involved, and accusing them of being biased for believing gender dysphoria actually exists instead of being a "delusion akin to believing you're the easter bunny"

so I probably need to find some more permanent residence that I can stay at all year giggle;

snoorkel

Quote from: K L U X on January 15, 2014, 08:55:47 PM
it's really great

yes. qft

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 15, 2014, 09:06:38 PM

yep same

Go Up