September 29, 2024, 06:23:51 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

ME##

the years a blending together for kaz now

bluaki

Quote from: bluaki on December 27, 2013, 02:47:45 AM
Because character announcements have mostly been done alongside game releases, I think some upcoming chances include:
DKC Tropical Freeze: Diddy
Yoshi's New Island: Yoshi
Kirby Triple Deluxe: Dedede or Meta Knight (I feel like Dedede is more likely)
Mario Kart 8: Wario or Yoshi
I called it.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/dedede.html
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sakurai's comment for today on Miiverse: "Pic of the day. Celebrating the launch of Kirby: Triple Deluxe in Japan, King Dedede joins the battle! Check out his evocative facial expressions on the official web site."

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

Nyerp

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Last MIB on January 31, 2014, 12:28:35 AM
lucario is back...

fucking shit

why

yeah i'd like to know why nintendo continues to tout lucario as some sort of mascot pokemon. he's been a representative of the series for two smash bros. games now that this has been announced, he's a story-relevant pokemon in x/y, he's got his own movie

it's kind of weird idk, but i guess he was one of the few particularly neat pokemon from gen iv. still, in gen iv itself he didn't stand out as some sort of really important pokemon or anything.

strongbad

yeah it's like nintendo really wanted him to be their new poke mascot but nobody else did

Hiro

gen iv is the worst and lucario fucking sucks for smash bros
he's an okay pokemon but why the fuck
i thought they were trying to trim and redo the roster for this game to make it a little bit different
now just watch it have all the same characters from brawl minus snake, plus the ones announced and maybe 2 more, probably namco & bandai characters
i like the visual style but i'm also bummed about tp link and zelda, and even though i played as toon link quite a bit i really don't think they need him at all either
unless namco bandai does some tweaks to the fighting mechanics, this game is looking more or less like Brawl HD

ME##

all of namco bandai's efforts have been in correcting nintendo's atrocious netcode.  no new characters, we have the complete roster until dlc packs

bluaki

Quote from: H/RO on February 01, 2014, 12:16:45 PM
gen iv is the worst and lucario fucking sucks for smash bros
he's an okay pokemon but why the fuck
i thought they were trying to trim and redo the roster for this game to make it a little bit different
now just watch it have all the same characters from brawl minus snake, plus the ones announced and maybe 2 more, probably namco & bandai characters
i like the visual style but i'm also bummed about tp link and zelda, and even though i played as toon link quite a bit i really don't think they need him at all either
unless namco bandai does some tweaks to the fighting mechanics, this game is looking more or less like Brawl HD
I liked Mewtwo a lot better as a playable Smash character. I think he's the only Melee character who was removed in Brawl but isn't a clone.

Sakurai said in Friday's Miiverse post:
QuoteLucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.

I interpret this as a reversal of what we heard earlier about trimming the roster.

The confirmed roster is at 22 characters, which includes 4 newcomers. About half (17) of Brawl's roster (35) is not confirmed to return yet. The current known roster size actually is still less than Melee's 25.

Sakurai has already posted about a few changes to the fighting mechanics. There's also pretty strong indication that at least some of the returning characters have altered movesets.

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on February 01, 2014, 12:47:15 PM
all of namco bandai's efforts have been in correcting nintendo's atrocious netcode.

to be honest, even if that were the case i'd still buy it for a discounted price lmao. if it were literally nothing but brawl hd with online capability that actually works. because boyah smash bros. nights have been a very long time coming.

ME##

if this is just brawl hd isn't brawl melee with more carachers and sharper textures and melee is just a port of the original with some new maps

Go Up