September 29, 2024, 02:40:46 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, November 13, 2012, 05:21:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

Dude, get into cycling you have to have a bike somewhere. I started bike riding for exercise now I'm addicted but its getting to be winter so I'm turning an old mountain bike into a stationary bike.

Also with a slim diet change (no soda/smaller portions) I lost like 20 pounds in a few months biking on and off and gained a lot of leg muscle.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i advocate biking cause its fun to do and you can see places in a new perspective. slightly higher then a pedestrian and slower than a vehicle you can kind of get the details of things and notice other things that youwouldnt have before

Snowy

I do have a stationary bike in the next room over. I could probably bike while playing something on my computer or DS and just forget how long I've been biking and just bike for a long time

strongbad

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on November 13, 2012, 03:50:31 PM
Dude, get into cycling you have to have a bike somewhere. I started bike riding for exercise now I'm addicted but its getting to be winter so I'm turning an old mountain bike into a stationary bike.

Also with a slim diet change (no soda/smaller portions) I lost like 20 pounds in a few months biking on and off and gained a lot of leg muscle.

dude yeah cycling is the shit!

Quote from: Snowy on November 13, 2012, 07:26:26 PM
I do have a stationary bike in the next room over. I could probably bike while playing something on my computer or DS and just forget how long I've been biking and just bike for a long time

dude go outside and cycle
it's way better

Snowy

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 13, 2012, 07:27:09 PM

it's way better
If it wasn't 40º out now, I would. Cycling in the spring and summer is great.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Snowy on November 13, 2012, 07:30:55 PM
Quote from: ilovesloths on November 13, 2012, 07:27:09 PM

it's way better
If it wasn't 40º out now, I would. Cycling in the spring and summer is great.
I was going at least 10 miles a day for little over a month this Summer. Some times I'd ride to my office that is 20 miles away from my house. We have massive bike trail that goes through the woods and stuff. It's about 92 miles long and starts in my town and goes North.

strongbad

that sounds awesome
yeah last year i lived around 5 and a half miles from campus and i ended up biking around 12 miles a day. really fun though. you get way more absorbed in your surroundings than when you're driving.

Commander Fuckass

it shouldn't matter if it's 40 degrees out, your bodyheat will make you feel warm and you can go on with out being cold  akudood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Quote from: Kefka on November 14, 2012, 09:10:12 AM
it shouldn't matter if it's 40 degrees out, your bodyheat will make you feel warm and you can go on with out being cold  akudood;

yeah true
as long as you have adequate gear for the wind, you'll be fine.
it gets pretty fucking cold and rainy in bellingham and as long as i have my windbreaker and gloves and stuff i'm fine

NOA_Haunted

Wind is a bitch no matter the temperature. Unless, you have a nice tailwind.  giggle;

NOA_Haunted

strongbad

(sorry for hijacking the thread snowy, i still care)

it's like a glorified ball-and-cup. i played with it for probably 1-2 hours a day over the summer because i worked at a summer camp and it's pretty addicting. steep learning curve, though.

snoorkel

move out of your parents house and get a personal identity

become mroe self aware and start working toward long-term goals

just1more

Have you tried therapy? I've been going to therapy for my depression over the past month and a half, and it's been really helping. Also, it really helps to open up to family and friends, particularly your closest friends. Just do things that would make you happy and take your mind off things. Also also, regular exercise helps a lot. It is a huge stress release, and will get you feeling so much better and more confident about yourself.

I know it can be hard, especially when you're feeling *really* down, but it helps to know other people are there that care for your well-being.

Go Up