September 27, 2024, 04:20:36 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hey strongbob

Started by LCK, November 07, 2012, 09:06:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

I heard something about in Washington they'll have some kind of blood test.

YPrrrr

Well good news is if you're driving stoned you're probably not going to be swerving to call police attention anyway

It would be a kind of funky law though... With alcohol you know your body can get rid of a drink in about an hour... how long would it take after smoking to be considered sober?

silvertone

all police officers are required  to play phish music 2 pulled over drivers and if they do a slight headbob arrest them for being duMarijuanai

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: [23]crossdressers on November 07, 2012, 02:01:15 PM
all police officers are required  to play phish music 2 pulled over drivers and if they do a slight headbob arrest them for being duMarijuanai
lmao
I love [you]

strongbad

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on November 07, 2012, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: ilovesloths on November 07, 2012, 09:15:59 AM
but the stuff about DUIs is kinda stupid so we'll see how that pans out
I'm assuming this means that there are DUI laws for marijuana just like with alcohol. In that case I'm glad, because there absolutely should be. I'm curious as to how they measure it.

"DUI standard applies only to active THC, which drops below 5 ng/mL within a matter of hours, not the inactive metabolite carboxy-THC that can be detected days, or even weeks, after last use."
http://www.newapproachwa.org/content/about-initiative

even thought that site claims that you drop below the active limit just an hour after you're high, i've read reports saying that it can stay in your system for upwards of 4 hours after you are high. i guess we'll see how it pans out
it would just suck to smoke and then be at risk for a dui for hours after you arent high

also i think driving high should be okay. obviously, if you're ridiculously stoned it is different, but if you smoke a lot of weed I think that it is just as manageable as driving sober. yeah not everyone smokes a lot of weed etc etc but i wanna be able to drive high

but yeah it will be super weird having it regulated. there will be brands of weed and stuff. weirddd

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 07, 2012, 05:40:59 PM
Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on November 07, 2012, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: ilovesloths on November 07, 2012, 09:15:59 AM
but the stuff about DUIs is kinda stupid so we'll see how that pans out
I'm assuming this means that there are DUI laws for marijuana just like with alcohol. In that case I'm glad, because there absolutely should be. I'm curious as to how they measure it.

"DUI standard applies only to active THC, which drops below 5 ng/mL within a matter of hours, not the inactive metabolite carboxy-THC that can be detected days, or even weeks, after last use."
http://www.newapproachwa.org/content/about-initiative

even thought that site claims that you drop below the active limit just an hour after you're high, i've read reports saying that it can stay in your system for upwards of 4 hours after you are high. i guess we'll see how it pans out
it would just suck to smoke and then be at risk for a dui for hours after you arent high

also i think driving high should be okay. obviously, if you're ridiculously stoned it is different, but if you smoke a lot of weed I think that it is just as manageable as driving sober. yeah not everyone smokes a lot of weed etc etc but i wanna be able to drive high

but yeah it will be super weird having it regulated. there will be brands of weed and stuff. weirddd

Yeah, but you should not have a problem unless you are getting pulled over all the time sober for being a terrible driver.

strongbad

yeah exactly. that's just a common criticism of it.

i'm really curious how pricing will work. i feel like even with taxes, it can be mass produced (at high quality too) so inexpensively that $10/gram (common street value) will be extremely overpriced.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 07, 2012, 06:00:58 PM

i'm really curious how pricing will work. i feel like even with taxes, it can be mass produced (at high quality too) so inexpensively that $10/gram (common street value) will be extremely overpriced.

I feel like the Feds will be knockin' down all the mass producing grow ops doors.

I don't know I really can't wait to see how everything works out. I have a feeling if the Federal Government makes this work more and more States will follow. But, it could also go both ways. The Feds may bunker down on it quickly making most States not even want to put any effort towards it.

Hopefully not the latter.

PLEASEHELP1991

Recently, I had false positives for THC and opioids. Trying to explain that drug testing isn't absolute drove me nuts, and when I asked how can a agoraphobic person have access to weed in farking Virginia; the drug counselor started talking about something else after that. I don't do illegal drugs. - me
I love [you]

strongbad

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on November 07, 2012, 06:08:34 PM
Quote from: ilovesloths on November 07, 2012, 06:00:58 PM

I feel like the Feds will be knockin' down all the mass producing grow ops doors.

I don't know I really can't wait to see how everything works out. I have a feeling if the Federal Government makes this work more and more States will follow. But, it could also go both ways. The Feds may bunker down on it quickly making most States not even want to put any effort towards it.

Hopefully not the latter.

interesting read: http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/11/will-obama-let-washington-and-colorado-keep-their-legal-pot/264962/

Go Up