October 01, 2024, 12:24:05 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, May 25, 2012, 05:57:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Samus Aran

Quote from: Makaveli on May 26, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
but the main park is more or less modeled after disneyland is it not?

yes, it's more or less a replica of disneyland

there are some more modern differences, though

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Patsy Stone on May 26, 2012, 04:15:06 PM
agreed

every time i've been to disneyland i've been astounded by the massive lines for some rides, especially splash mountain and space mountain. i always wonder...do those people just not know about the fastpass system, or what? because while they've still got an hour to wait, i'm walking right onto the ride with no line to wait in.

silvertone

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on May 26, 2012, 04:19:38 PM
what the heck is fast pass

there are these little booths next to major rides like the rollercoasters and some newer rides that will give you a ticket called a fastpass that has a time on it that you're supposed to come back later, and at that time, you can just get right on the ride.

so basically, you go around, get some fastpasses, and then just walk onto the rides you want all day.

they're free anyway.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Kana Minami on May 26, 2012, 04:18:48 PM
every time i've been to disneyland i've been astounded by the massive lines for some rides, especially splash mountain and space mountain. i always wonder...do those people just not know about the fastpass system, or what? because while they've still got an hour to wait, i'm walking right onto the ride with no line to wait in.
at disney world they are implementing a new type of fastpass system where ride times are reserved months in advance
which i think is a pretty dumb idea myself
I love [you]

silvertone

Quote from: Kana Minami on May 26, 2012, 04:22:14 PM
there are these little booths next to major rides like the rollercoasters and some newer rides that will give you a ticket called a fastpass that has a time on it that you're supposed to come back later, and at that time, you can just get right on the ride.

so basically, you go around, get some fastpasses, and then just walk onto the rides you want all day.

they're free anyway.
is there like a limit amount or something. why doesnt everyone just sue that.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: silvertone on May 26, 2012, 04:25:12 PM
is there like a limit amount or something. why doesnt everyone just sue that.
you can only get one fastpass per every two hours
and fasspasses for popular attractions often run out by midday
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Patsy Stone on May 26, 2012, 04:31:55 PM
you can only get one fastpass per every two hours
and fasspasses for popular attractions often run out by midday

midday meaning like...middle of the afternoon?

maybe it's just because there's not as many people going to disneyland, but ive never actually had to deal with fastpasses running out. at least i don't think so. memory might be wrong on this one.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Kana Minami on May 26, 2012, 05:14:19 PM
midday meaning like...middle of the afternoon?

maybe it's just because there's not as many people going to disneyland, but ive never actually had to deal with fastpasses running out. at least i don't think so. memory might be wrong on this one.
yes
also pretty much disneyland has different demographics than wdw: disneyland is more of a local hotspot while wdw is a resort destination
I love [you]

snoorkel

Quote from: Patsy Stone on May 26, 2012, 06:00:29 PM
yes
also pretty much disneyland has different demographics than wdw: disneyland is more of a local hotspot while wdw is a resort destination

we drove in 1964 to disneyland from iowa all 6 kids in back of the ford and no air conditioned the whole way.  drove almost straight through across I-10, worst 19 hours of my life. resort destination my ass

Samus Aran

the grapes of wrath was about going to disneyland

Go Up