September 28, 2024, 09:20:35 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

go get kid icarus

Started by Patrick Stickles, March 27, 2012, 09:55:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Patrick Stickles

or maybe there's already a thread for it or something idk

but it is good game and you should get it alright good
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Commander Fuckass

>implying I still have a 3DS
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

i heard it sucks
tell me why i am wrong

Patrick Stickles

the reasons why i have heard it sucks is for the controls, and i'll admit it hurts your hand sort of. honestly its like the same controls as metroid prime hunters except a little better. just don't play for two hours straight or anything and you'll be okay.

also there's an unlock system very similar to smash bros (trophies and stuff i guess) except

THE WEAPONS MAN THE WEAPONS

i didn't realize this game was a shooter when i bought it but holy shit the weapon system alone is addicting

the weapons are generally randomized out of a selection of something like 100 weapons. by randomized i mean all their stats are different depending on the difficulty you played to get it. plus with all your crap weapons you can combine them into better weapons and then your awesome weapons into better weapons and then its like oh man this game isnt as difficult as it was before

ITS GREAT

and the online isnt broken. basically you take whatever weapons/powerups you have from 1 player and youre free to use them as you like. BUT if you have a better weapon, your teams "health" gets lowered much more when you die than it would if you had a worse weapon. so if you're shit at the game, you don't want to be using some fucking cool weapon because you're going to bring your team down.

plus the replay value is like infinite. apparently there's over 20 levels in the game but i've been replaying the first like 4 or so because the difficulties you can choose from for each level range from literally walking up to a boss and killing him in one hit or dying pretty instantly. and everywhere in between to be honest. you choose how hard the game you want to be and it works real fucking well.

basically i'm grinding for weapons in ways not seen since borderlands EXCEPT UNLIKE BORDERLANDS i am using these weapons online to be real cool

as for the single player think of it as what starfox assault should've been. you start each level flying (arwing style bro) and then you make your way to the ground where you play out the rest of the level killing baddies and fightin bosses

and the voice acting is surprisingly not annoying for how often they break the 4th wall. pretty much the entire game everyone just shits on pit (and i mean the entire game, there is dialogue amongst the fucking awesome music pretty much throughout everything you do, and while its cool to hear, its not like youre missing anything important if you're too focused on fighting, just jokes and stuff)

UGH THIS GAME IS GOOD

i was literally not hyped about it at all until i bought it and now its like yessss

Classic

I love it. It's great. You should share your 3DS info.

Quote from: Kefka on March 27, 2012, 10:28:13 PM
>implying I still have a 3DS

Oh good, I'll delete your profile.

Hiro

Quote from: ilovesloths on March 27, 2012, 11:37:43 PM
i heard it sucks
tell me why i am wrong
you heard this from destructoid right
jim sterling's awful

strongbad

Quote from: Hiroglyph on March 28, 2012, 11:34:53 PM
you heard this from destructoid right
jim sterling's awful

lol i actually did. i don't even frequent destructoid anymore
and i genuinely like jim sterling. you're a fuck

Hiro

Quote from: ilovesloths on March 28, 2012, 11:42:12 PM
and i genuinely like jim sterling. you're a fuck
but he's so goddamn stupid and often contrarian for the fun of it
he also loves to blow things out of proportion

strongbad

Quote from: Hiroglyph on March 29, 2012, 12:21:09 AM
but he's so goddamn stupid and often contrarian for the fun of it
he also loves to blow things out of proportion

i disagree
i think that a lot of his personality is purposefully over the top and people fail to recognize it. i also believe that he is being genuinely honest with a lot of his "controversial" reviews and people get angry because nobody understands how fucking subjective game reviews are. there are plenty of people with unique opinions regarding videogames. hell, there are games that are widely considered great games that i strongly dislike. i bet this goes for you too. just because sterling actually expresses his opinions doesn't mean that he's attention whoring; it just means that he's reviewing a game.

besides, getting angry over a video game review is pretty fucking stupid considering how insignificant they are

Hiro

Quote from: ilovesloths on March 29, 2012, 12:24:36 AM
i disagree
i think that a lot of his personality is purposefully over the top and people fail to recognize it. i also believe that he is being genuinely honest with a lot of his "controversial" reviews and people get angry because nobody understands how fucking subjective game reviews are. there are plenty of people with unique opinions regarding videogames. hell, there are games that are widely considered great games that i strongly dislike. i bet this goes for you too. just because sterling actually expresses his opinions doesn't mean that he's attention whoring; it just means that he's reviewing a game.

besides, getting angry over a video game review is pretty fucking stupid considering how insignificant they are
i don't think anyone fails to realize that he's intentionally over the top; i personally find it juvenile. i understand reviews are subjective and i believe he's honest, i just think he also likes to get attention and does that silly thing a lot of people do where if there's one minor flaw in the game they decide the whole thing's shit or they already have an idea in their head of what they think of the game and then find things to reinforce it. it's not specific to him, but he does that quite a bit.
plus i've never gotten mad about anything he's done i just disregard it

strongbad

Quote from: Hiroglyph on March 29, 2012, 12:30:44 AM
i don't think anyone fails to realize that he's intentionally over the top; i personally find it juvenile. i understand reviews are subjective and i believe he's honest, i just think he also likes to get attention and does that silly thing a lot of people do where if there's one minor flaw in the game they decide the whole thing's shit or they already have an idea in their head of what they think of the game and then find things to reinforce it. it's not specific to him, but he does that quite a bit.
plus i've never gotten mad about anything he's done i just disregard it

i see what you mean by the minor flaw thing. this really goes back to the subjectiveness of reviews, but a minor flaw to one person can be a big deal to another person
everyone plays games for different reasons and gets different things out of games

look at melee vs. brawl. the fact that they dramatically reduced hit stun in brawl doesn't matter to 99.9% of gamers, but to people who play smash competitively this is game breaking and is why competitive brawl is a poking game without awesome combos like in melee

sorry for the melee example but i don't play anything else :(

Patrick Stickles

i'm having a problem with the game

and that problem is that i don't want to stop playing it

i mean like i'm 15 or so levels in and i'm like yeah these new levels are dope but i feel like im still so terrible at all the levels that came before it so i constantly replay them looking for rooms i might have missed (im missing like 4 or 5 weapon chambers ugh) on various difficulties and it prevents me from actually continuing in the storyline

which isn't to stay the story isn't funny and exciting

it's just that the gameplay is so fun that i have to keep replaying old levels so i'm good when i actually beat it

Placebo Headwound

I got it. It's a pretty fun action game that seems like it's going to get a lot more playtime then most action games I've played. The levels get really long and elaborate (taking 20+ minutes at times), the customization on the weapons is great, and multiplayer is really fast-paced enjoyable. The controls feel a bit odd at first, but you get used to them after about an hour.

I kinda wish you had more control over weapon fusion, I hate it when I can't inherit an effect that I really like. akudood;

Thyme

uh how the fuck could anyone not like jim sterling psyduck;

Commander Fuckass

March 31, 2012, 07:42:12 AM #14 Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:48:37 AM by Haunter
Quote from: Thyme on March 31, 2012, 06:35:18 AM
uh how the fuck could anyone not like jim sterling psyduck;
seriously psyduck;

he's the best vidya reviewer ever
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up