September 29, 2024, 01:21:08 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Iggy Pop

Started by silvertone, December 10, 2011, 06:16:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

i refuse to categorize him as a punk but i love his music. everytthing the stooges did was Great and the 2 solo albums he did with david bowie kicked Ass. i didn't listen to anything else though (is there anything else?????)

does ________________(insert your name here) like iggy pop's music? if you do like his music please explain why

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I bought the deluxe edition of Raw Power. It came with this great live album recorded in GA called "Georgia Peaches" (I believe it was a bootleg recording). Anyway, there is this great part where Iggy confronts a heckler and tells him to "suck my ass, billy boy"

It's awesome.

Also, I really enjoyed Lust for Life, though I haven't listened to anything else of his solo stuff. Which has been going on for quite some time.

silvertone

Lust for Life (a song about how it rules not doing drugs !!!) rules and the album itself is great.
the Idiot is also a good album, it has a lot more synthesizers (think like Low)

also david bowie cowrote/produced both of those albums and are fucking insane.

snoorkel

i have only heard Lust for Life (I got the album after hearing it on the Trainspotting soundtrack lol) but I like it, not one of my all-time favorite sounds but its pretty rokcin.

silvertone

Get The Idiot Get The Idiot Get The Idiot Get The Idiot. It completes the schism and only then  can the spiritual heights be obtained(not really)

snoorkel

silvertone

it is Rad as Hexes though, it is very pivotal in the art punk scene.  Lots of People say joy division was the origin of prost punk but they didn't have enough Power or Courage or Wisdom to slam dunk the Celestial Sheep's Music for Nihilists and the role of women is not really an acceptable idea except for freedom.

snoorkel

are uposting on your phone under your covers or something

and ok I'll get it b/c I like women.

silvertone

Yeah, i was sleeping then I woke up and I dont have to be up for a Few Hours and there was a loud noise so I am staying in bed. Also that post is a Failure because I didn't go on enough non-sequitars[sic] to make my statement Apparent. Sory

sans culottes

iggy pop's version of china girl is hella cool

my favorite album by him is probably fun house
I support BUSH

silvertone

Quote from: sans culottes on December 19, 2011, 01:27:55 PM
iggy pop's version of china girl is hella cool

my favorite album by him is probably fun house
that is a Very good album

Go Up