September 30, 2024, 12:35:04 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Grand Theft Auto V was announced

Started by Commander Fuckass, October 25, 2011, 06:56:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

they're drawing that from how the press release was worded

'Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.'
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19471/grand-theft-auto-v-official-announcement.html

Mondegreen

San Andreas would've been fantastic, but Los Santos will probably be huge and much more detailed compared to the original version of it.

I doubt they'll include the rest as DLC, but you never know.

Hiro

Oh my god guys I'm so sick of hearing people complain about this.

First of all, there is no confirmation that it's only going to be Los Santos.
Secondly, the map is still going to be huge. Notice how Liberty City in IV was much larger and more detailed than that of III? The same will apply to Los Santos. Los Angeles is a massive area, and that's going to be reflected in V's map. not only that, but there is still the huge expanses of wilderness and countryside to be explored. Look at the mountain in that trailer and tell me the game's going to be too small.
Regardless of Los Santos being the only city in the game, the map will be at least as big if not much larger than that of the original San Andreas.

And stop with the DLC bullshit, there's no way something as extreme as that would be DLC and I'm pretty sure the file size would be too large in the first place.

Hiro

Also, you guys do realize that if it also had San Fierro and Las Venturas, the map of Los Santos would have to be smaller than if it were just one city, right? Los Santos was by far the most developed section of San Andreas anyways, and about half the game took place there in the first place. There's absolutely nothing to lose by not having the other two cities.

Go Up