September 28, 2024, 05:15:46 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

buyer's remorse

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 15, 2011, 12:28:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Tectrika on October 18, 2011, 01:01:43 PM
it's just too much of another typical racer for me :'(

yeah the vehicles fly and it's futuristic and whatever but those are superficial differences :'(

The only racing series I've ever liked is Mario Kart. >.<
besides being futuristic the style is still fairly unique, and i don't think the flying thing really matters much at all.
the races get fast as hell and i guess in some ways in like f-zero, but you actually have to make tight turns and whatnot in this game, plus weapons and such.
there's also brand loyalty (wooo Icaras) and again, THE MUSIC.
There's more modes than just racing and time trials as well, there's the elimination mode, the demolition-style mode, and the one where the whole game looks like tron and it just gets faster and faster until you die (EQUALIZER ON THE FLOOR AWESOME) and then that mode that's kind of the same as that but with obstacles you have to shoot, and then there's also that mode but against other people to get to the fastest level, etc etc

Hiro

Quote from: Thyme on October 18, 2011, 12:48:29 PM
and bosses and different weapons and avoiding shit gets p. challenging and dem graphics and different modes and shit damn fuck you hiro goonish

[spoiler]then again i do have the single player dlc expansion so the different modes thing is probs moot

but w/e it's def a cook game goonish[/spoiler]
there's bosses what lol I never played long enough to get that far I guess goowan
I'll give it another shot, but I'm not really a big fan of top-down shooters in the first place.

Thyme

Quote from: Hiro on October 18, 2011, 01:23:41 PM
besides being futuristic the style is still fairly unique, and i don't think the flying thing really matters much at all.
the races get fast as hell and i guess in some ways in like f-zero, but you actually have to make tight turns and whatnot in this game, plus weapons and such.
there's also brand loyalty (wooo Icaras) and again, THE MUSIC.
There's more modes than just racing and time trials as well, there's the elimination mode, the demolition-style mode, and the one where the whole game looks like tron and it just gets faster and faster until you die (EQUALIZER ON THE FLOOR AWESOME) and then that mode that's kind of the same as that but with obstacles you have to shoot, and then there's also that mode but against other people to get to the fastest level, etc etc

yeah srsly fuck you tec :'(

bluaki

October 19, 2011, 04:41:42 AM #33 Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:45:37 AM by Makise Kurisu
They were gifts, but I regret getting:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer (Wii)
Wii Music myface;

Quote from: Taavet on October 18, 2011, 09:40:25 AM
This is pretty true.  I typically feel bad for paying full price for a game when I know it'll just drop in price in a couple of weeks to months. :'(
I'm not used to thinking this way because I've until very recently stuck with just Nintendo, who leaves games at full price for years goowan

I believe every PS2 game I have was bought used at Gamestop in the past two years or so. For PS3, I bought just one game at full price: Portal 2.
Considering I got it like two months after launch, I probably was barely too early to get the price drop

Samus Aran

Quote from: Makise Kurisu on October 19, 2011, 04:41:42 AM
They were gifts, but I regret getting:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer (Wii)
Wii Music myface;
I'm not used to thinking this way because I've until very recently stuck with just Nintendo, who leaves games at full price for years goowan

I believe every PS2 game I have was bought used at Gamestop in the past two years or so. For PS3, I bought just one game at full price: Portal 2.
Considering I got it like two months after launch, I probably was barely too early to get the price drop

i managed to get Portal 2 discounted because of a special "buy anything by EA with a rewards card and you'll get $10 off" or something thingy that Gamestop had going on at the time, and i happened to be with my friend who had a rewards card

it's applicable to Portal 2 because EA distributes the game for Valve, apparently, even though (thankfully) the EA logo is nowhere to be seen on/in the game

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on October 19, 2011, 02:50:41 PM
ea- eat ass

yeah pretty much

they can't make any games themselves, but since they're good at marketing and distribution, they feel the need to charge extra for shit and plaster their name all over everything they publish for real developers

thank god portal 2 did not get that treatment

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

tec just burst into teats

Samus Aran

Go Up