June 25, 2024, 03:57:21 PM

1,531,273 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pandora fucking sucks

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, August 27, 2011, 05:46:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I made a David Byrne and Brian Eno station, expecting the eerie sounds of My Life in The Bush of Ghosts

instead I get singer songerwriters  madood;

Anyone else hate pandora? Better alternatives? I know of Grooveshark and Stereomood.

silvertone

It is better to do genre names then artists, at least on last.fm it is.

snoorkel

Yeah I've never had much luck with it. I usually find music by picking through Last.fm genre tags.

Hiro

then keep giving them thumbs down until you get the stuff you like goonish

Quote from: Hiro on August 27, 2011, 07:22:56 PM
then keep giving them thumbs down until you get the stuff you like goonish
I did, and there are still singer songwriters on DB/BE

and no matter how often I thumbdown shitty 90's bands on my r.e.m. page, they still fucking show up

Dave Matthews does not belong on my r.e.m. I was playing it for like 45 minutes and all I heard was shitty 90's "alt". The Wallflowers, etc. No a single play of Pylon or any good jangle-stuff goonish

[hedy]Zidone

I've had a bit of luck using last.fm's similar artists radio, but mostly with old, obscure (<50,000 plays) prog bands.

don't let's

It's fine for me because I'm not usually looking for anything too specific. But if I find something I really don't like I just thumbs down and skip.

??????

i use last.fm's radio through my neighbors
so far it's been giving me excellent results because their tastes reflect mines

Geno

I don't get the point of listening to internet radio.  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Mando Pandango

You will never get good music with just one or two artists in the station. Try putting in like five or ten on one station.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

snoorkel

don't let's

I would assume for the same reason people listen to actual radio, except there's a little more control over what you hear and a greater variety if you choose. (More customization.) And because you can stream it on your computer or phone or whatever and you don't have to have an actual radio.

We listen to pandora at work, and instead of creating a talking heads radio on all my co-workers different pandora accounts, I made my own.

Honestly, I like Stereomood a lot better, even though it doesn't want to cooperate with the work computers.

don't let's

bzzzzz thank you for calling Rosetta Stone

Quote from: Man of Popcikle on August 27, 2011, 08:48:03 PM
You will never get good music with just one or two artists in the station. Try putting in like five or ten on one station.
and so I tried this.

This probably saved Pandora for me. I started a Mountain Goats station and added Silver Jews, East River Pipe, and The Vaselines. For the most part I got some cool shit, yet for whatever reason it will play acoustic cuts by Bush...

My boss was telling me about something called Spotify, saying you could look up just about any song and listen to it on the spot or some shit like that. Has anyone used that?

Go Up