September 27, 2024, 12:19:35 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What the Fuck are These?

Started by Socks, July 01, 2011, 10:31:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

July 01, 2011, 10:31:29 AM Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:37:20 AM by Socks
For some time I have witnessed a unique and unusual invasion. An invasion of an unsettling nature. They appear suddenly on your wall or curtain, desk or bed, and the nightmare begins. Half fly half grasshopper, they seem freaky and weird. But this is only the beginning. With six legs and two antenna, they appear like some sort of mutant insect. Partly because of their constant movement of the antennae and quick jerky transits, which instills a sensation of discomfort, and partly for their seeming intuition and subdued intelligence, they present a horror never before seen. The real challenge lies in killing them. The fuckers are more resilient than a fly and less cumbersome than a grasshopper, better shielded than a spider, and just tough to nail for good. I smacked one off the ceiling with a book, had it drop, twitch and spin for a few minutes, crawl away and smacked again with a magazine, after which it was still alive. Then I placed it inside an industrial grade microwave oven on high for 15 seconds,  it was still alive! So I just smiled and drowned the fucker, turning on my garbage disposal for insurance.

Seriously though, what the fuck!? I don't think they bite, or cause any issues for a human. But goddamn, their mere presence is so ghastly, I cannot stand them. I think my prejudice has more to do with my unfamiliarity and recent history with them, which causes me to assume a new species, given their mutant appearance and behavior. So I consider them illegitimate to exist and therefore require extermination to appease the natural order and balance of things. I kill them.

Can anyone identify this suspect?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nyerp

when you smash it and it doesn't die you're supposed to keep smashing it until it does

Hiro

looks like some sort of cricket

Hippopo

Quote from: Nyerp on July 01, 2011, 10:34:37 AM
when you smash it and it doesn't die you're supposed to keep smashing it until it does
Get a heavy text book, and smoosh on a hard surface.  Then, slide the text book back and forth while still applying pressure.  This will kill any insect.

It's a cricket.

snoorkel

There were like 25 of these in my house yesterday!!!!

Selkie

Shit, they are evolving...

I don't have any of those things but I have those big ants. I hate killing them because that crunch feeling kinda bugs me out. Pun not intended.

Socks

July 01, 2011, 05:36:21 PM #6 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:41:45 PM by Socks
it is not a cricket. i do not think. it is very small, no larger than a house fly, minus the legs. its tail is curved and bulked, apart from the body which has the legs. this is unusual for this type of bug. the toughness cannot be understated. it is not a matter of killing it. but the resistance relative to size and power is astounding, admirable and present. and i just don't like them. they creep me out.

Go Up