October 26, 2024, 06:20:19 AM

1,531,341 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Donating Plasma

Started by strongbad, February 18, 2011, 11:32:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

For the last couple weeks, I've been donating plasma to make money. So far I've made $75 after donating twice (usually you get $50 for donating twice a week, but I had some bonuses). It makes me feel like a bum and I hate it. But it also feels like free money  hocuspocus;

Commander Fuckass

that shit hurts afterwards bro
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

crystalpepsi

I wonder how much my kidney would fetch.

strongbad

Quote from: Jill Valentine on February 18, 2011, 12:29:56 PM
that shit hurts afterwards bro

Nah, it's not that bad. I had to do an informative speech on it for my communications class so I know how it works pretty well. It's barely taxing on your body, since after the blood is taken, they extract the plasma, and then put the blood back in your body. After they do this around 9-12 times depending on the amount of plasma that they want, they inject Saline into your body to compensate for the lost liquid, which feels weird as hell since the Saline is room temp when it's injected, which is much colder than your body temp, so you're getting what feels like ice injected.

But because the saline compensates for lost plasma, it's not taxing on your body, which is why you can donate twice a week. I donated yesterday and a few hours later I felt fine. My friend rock climbs after donating sometimes.

Yesterday was crazy though. I had a strange day and didn't have a lot of time to eat, so I ate and drank pretty much nothing, and after donating for about 10 minutes I started to get tunnel vision and almost passed out. I was still compensated for donating though giggle;

Commander Fuckass

Saline in a IV drip can make your body sore after awhile though.

I know this from first hand experience. :[
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

don't let's

Just don't get cloned or anything 'cause that really sucks. Especially when you have to take care of it all by yourself.

Hippopo

burzumfan420

you can get 100 dollars a week from this shit? hot dman sign me up

?????

Have you tried getting a real job?
Die for Dethklok

strongbad

Quote from: TheSequel on February 22, 2011, 02:34:12 AM
Have you tried getting a real job?

Yeah, it's surprisingly hard to get a job in a town full of poor college kids.

I've applied to a few places, and one of my student teachers said that she could get me an interview at Target, so I'm hoping for something good to come out of that.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I would be afraid that the kid would come and find me later.

Go Up