September 28, 2024, 10:24:49 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Guitar Hero is no more

Started by YPrrrr, February 11, 2011, 03:09:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

So mourn or something, Activision disbanded its business unit.

ALL HAIL THE FREE MARKET THE POWER OF GOD

Wrench

I always liked it more than Rock Band :(

Hiro

Samus Aran

Quote from: Admin on February 11, 2011, 02:46:14 PM
how  akudood;

srsly akudood;

of course, rock band may be ending soon too...i heard MTV Games is also no more, so Harmonix would have to have a new publisher or gather the money to publish the next RB themselves

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

KonohaShinobi

At least they knew when to bow out. Some companies would have kept on making them.

First 3 guitar heroes are amazing and still one of the best rhythm games.

They came in, reinvented the genre, hell CREATED the genre for the generation and now leaving it.

Hiro

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 11, 2011, 07:04:33 PM
At least they knew when to bow out. Some companies would have kept on making them.

First 3 guitar heroes are amazing and still one of the best rhythm games.

They came in, reinvented the genre, hell CREATED the genre for the generation and now leaving it.
I actually laughed out loud at this post. They definitely did not know when to stop making them, or they would have stopped after III. Activision is the post child for beating a dead horse. (See: Tony Hawk, Call of Duty) The only reason they are ending this is because everyone's really tired of it, and they were making very little money off of it.

Also, 3 was a good game, but definitely not amazing and a big step down from 2.

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]And nothing of value was lost. girl;[/spoiler]

Classic

Quote from: Pam on February 11, 2011, 08:17:57 PM

ikanaide

Dullahan

My friends and I play Rock Band anyway. So, this doesn't really apply to me much.

Mando Pandango

My opinion on this in a nutshell: meh.

I have pretty extensive feelings regarding this but it pretty much boils down to apathy.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up