October 01, 2024, 03:35:01 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PSP 2: Late Night stab into Ninty's throat

Started by KonohaShinobi, January 27, 2011, 03:13:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

January 27, 2011, 03:13:32 AM Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:54:46 AM by KonohaShinobi

Display: 5 inch OLED with 960 x 544 resolution
Wireless: WiFi, 3G, GPS
Inputs: Touchscreen, touch sensitive back panel, D-pad, L/R shoulder buttons, standard PlayStation buttons
Near PS3 graphics

The true next generation portable is here. The ability to play a PS3 game on your console, then walk outside and continue it at work, on the bus whatever is now very much possible. Imagine: Red Dead Redemption in your back pocket. At work? Want to reach prestige in modern warfare 3 (Call of Duty a confirmed franchise for PSP2)? You can do it.

More hardware Specs:
CPU: ARM Corte-A9 core (4 core)
GPU: SGX543MP4+

External Dimensions:
Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen:
(Touch screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED
Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
Rear touch pad
Multi touch pad (capacitive type)

Cameras:
Front camera, Rear camera

Sound:
Built-in stereo speakers
Built-in microphone

Kalahari Inkantation

>implying any non-nintendo handheld could ever outdo a nintendo handheld in terms of sales

ahuehuehuehuehe

Every single game announced, aside from Call of Duty, is a port or remake, and it'll probably be download-only.  If the graphics truly rival those of the PS3, just imagine the price and battery life.  I can't say I'm not disappointed, honestly, although I didn't really expect to be blown away in the first place. befuddlement

Classic

KonohaShinobi

January 27, 2011, 03:27:45 AM #4 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:58:30 AM by KonohaShinobi
If the price of this even MATCHES nintendo's $250 it's game fucking over.

If it's cross compatible online with PS3 players the final dagger has been in place.

NGP demolishes any online infrastructure the 3DS has.

This literally makes the 3DS look like a kids toy. Oh man gimmicky 3D with it's 3 hour battery life and rehashed games I played 8 years ago, so excited.

Classic

You're pathetic Kono. You have no idea how the market works.

ME##

It's not going to kill Nintendo nor is the 3DS going to kill Sony.

I hope Sony offers a version sans 3G, touch screen, touch pad, GPS and motion sensors.  I do not need nor want any of that.  The hardware itself is also not the most appealing thing in the world [nor is the 3DS for that matter].  The screen is nice but a high quality LCD would have sufficed, and the CPU and GPU are good.  And one last annoyance is that GUI looks very nasty, especially that Andoid-like notification bar. 

I hope Sony touches up the design a bit, works on the GUI, makes a lower-speced version and if it's going to have a non-user replaceable battery [which seems likely] it's a high capacity lithium-polymer battery.  And the very best pieces of information to come out are the fact that it seems [emphasis on seems] to be easy [or at least port, shudder] games to it and that it has flash memory based games instead of an updated UMD system/Mini Blu-Ray.

In short, both systems are far from being perfect and neither are worth buying at launch so far to me.   giggle;

YPrrrr

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 27, 2011, 03:27:45 AM
If the price of this even MATCHES nintendo's $250 it's game fucking over.

If it's cross compatible online with PS3 players the final dagger has been in place.

I really doubt it's going to be anything under 250 and would guess it's going to be at least 300 initially.

Also that would be a dream come true, but it's not going to happen n_u

ME##

Quote from: YPR on January 27, 2011, 04:37:32 AM
I really doubt it's going to be anything under 250 and would guess it's going to be at least 300 initially.

Also that would be a dream come true, but it's not going to happen n_u

Yes.

And it may finally implement PSN well on a handheld, but I doubt any game will ever be cross compatible between the two.  And it seems like a lot of things with the NGP [I hope they give a final name soon~] are not even close to being finalised. n_u

KonohaShinobi

I had a theory that the 3G access will only be available via some sort of subscription, probably tied to PSN Plus.

I was slightly disappointed that they dropped XMB for PSP2. It's kind of neat.

The NGP trailer shows trophies so finally trophy support on the PSP, yes.

Thyme

January 27, 2011, 07:23:58 AM #10 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:49:33 AM by Thyme
it's purty

also, y'all mad

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Andria

I like it and probably will pick one up if the price is right. That and the game selection/battery life.

what sucks about it kefka?

Samus Aran

where on earth did you get this crazy idea that it'll give Nintendo sales difficulties?

Andria

Quote from: Presea on January 27, 2011, 09:22:19 AM
where on earth did you get this crazy idea that it'll give Nintendo sales difficulties?

While not saying it will, if they price it competitively, have a good line up for launch, and it has a good battery life it has a very god chance of taking some 3DS sales. We will just have to see how that works out for Sony.

Go Up