October 01, 2024, 03:45:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Marvel VS. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds

Started by Volvagia, October 08, 2010, 05:35:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

Quote from: Snowy620 on February 10, 2011, 09:20:57 PM
Is there a specific kind of stick you'd recommend?

I asked /v/ a while ago, and they were linking me to part so that I could make my own because they said they can actually be pretty good. I was looking at either that or buying a Hori brand one for my PS3.

Get any of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-FightStick-Tournament-Playstation-3/dp/B001M22WN8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1297428227&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Street-Fighter-FightStick-Tournament/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1297428227&sr=8-12
http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Capcom-Tournament-Stick-Xbox/dp/B00338BU96/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1297428272&sr=8-3

The Madcatz TE Sticks are the best on the market atm. Nearly everyone who plays on a competitive level uses one of these sticks. Either these or the Hori EX Pro's with the plunger style buttons.

MVC3 is a nightmare to play with a pad (This may be because I'm so used to playing fighting games with a stick now.) it's much simpler for me anyway, to play on a stick.

C.Mongler

Quote from: The spy who loves you on February 10, 2011, 09:19:23 PM
Having an arcade stick fucking makes playing fighting games so much more fun and easier.

Once you learn you can't go back.

I have a Tournament edition S and a SE stick with sanwa parts.

fucking love my stick

i dont use my stick as much as my pad actually. i just dont find the stick comfortable, where as the pad I do.

I'm talking one of these things by the way
[spoiler][/spoiler]

C.Mongler

Currently have MvC3 running constantly in my dorm room. Any questions you want answered  hocuspocus;

Thyme

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 11, 2011, 11:13:14 AM
Currently have MvC3 running constantly in my dorm room. Any questions you want answered  hocuspocus;
Is deadpool awesome?

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

Quote from: Thyme on February 11, 2011, 02:31:26 PM
mongler's a game reviewer and shit baddood;

i'm also a dirty pirate, though i have the game coming for 360 next week lol. PS3 version (and 360 version for that matter) rip is online.

Quote from: Snowy620 on February 11, 2011, 02:33:49 PM

How's Dante? goowan

Fucking awesome. Seriously, love him, thinking about using him in my full team.

Quote from: YPR on February 11, 2011, 04:09:11 PM
Is deadpool awesome?

Also awesome. everything he says is fucking hilarious. like his taunt is "This is my taunt!"

Quote from: Kefka on February 11, 2011, 04:15:31 PM
please tell me jill isnt just DLC :[

she is "DLC". and haxors have determined shes on the disc. aint that some shit.

Samus Aran

lol so the dlc basically just unlocks the jill content on the disc or something?

ME##

Quote from: Presea on February 11, 2011, 04:57:19 PM
lol so the dlc basically just unlocks the jill content on the disc or something?

Yes.  Capcom did the same with the first batch of DLC for RE5. goowan

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Presea on February 11, 2011, 04:57:19 PM

Also found on disk: Shuma-Gorath.

And god damn fight sticks are expensive as balls, $180, $200+?

Any good cheaper ones under $100?

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 11, 2011, 11:13:14 AM

Is it as fast as MvC2 or is it slightly slower? and is it easier to pull off combos for fighting newbies (Capcom promised these things)?

Also what modes are available outside of: Arcade and Online/Offline versus?

And is there like a story mode, well, is there a story, like BlazBlue or is it more like an implied story like Street Fighter?

KonohaShinobi

OH AND THE TRAINING MODE

How is it? Does it actually train or just put you in a room with a dummy and say "fight"? That's one of my biggest annoyances in fighting games released these days it's just they expect you to know every fucking thing then when you are trash at the game and take it back to the store because you get slammed THEY BLAME YOU THE CONSUMER for being "bad" at it! TEACH ME YOU ASSHOLES!

Volvagia

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 11, 2011, 07:09:02 PM
OH AND THE TRAINING MODE

How is it? Does it actually train or just put you in a room with a dummy and say "fight"? That's one of my biggest annoyances in fighting games released these days it's just they expect you to know every fucking thing then when you are trash at the game and take it back to the store because you get slammed THEY BLAME YOU THE CONSUMER for being "bad" at it! TEACH ME YOU ASSHOLES!

there's a trial mode that teaches you basic air combos with characters, otherwise, playing all depends on reading, prediction and reaction, and it's down to the player and can't be taught to someone, only they can learn it by themselves. The game does teach you combos though in Trial/Challenge mode.

Samus Aran

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Volvagia on February 11, 2011, 08:17:44 PM
there's a trial mode that teaches you basic air combos with characters, otherwise, playing all depends on reading, prediction and reaction, and it's down to the player and can't be taught to someone, only they can learn it by themselves. The game does teach you combos though in Trial/Challenge mode.

If it's like 1 combo at a time and not like a drop down list of moves that disappear when you press them at a randomly times interval that's not explained explicitly (fuck you SF4 Ultras) that's awesome

C.Mongler

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 11, 2011, 06:59:27 PM

Is it as fast as MvC2 or is it slightly slower? and is it easier to pull off combos for fighting newbies (Capcom promised these things)?

Also what modes are available outside of: Arcade and Online/Offline versus?

And is there like a story mode, well, is there a story, like BlazBlue or is it more like an implied story like Street Fighter?

- Seems about the same pace from what I can tell. And its pretty noob friendly considering I'm picking it up pretty quick and I blow at fighting games

-Training an mission mode. Training is well, room with an enemy and you can do whatever. Mission has you pull off listed combos for unlocks and shit. Oh theres a gallery too if thats hardens your pickle, but i dont really give a shit about game art

-Pretty much no story at all besides that [spoiler]at the end Galactus is trying to destroy the earth.[/spoiler]

Go Up