September 25, 2024, 08:22:32 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Your thoughts

Started by Norwegian Lesbians, June 15, 2010, 12:41:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Norwegian Lesbians

Boyah,

Everyday, I think about my mortality. I think about my ending - my death. Sometimes, by my means, sometimes by work related incidents, and I actually fear the actions of another.

Being overseas, and being in the military environment 24/7 365 is taking it's toll. I'm stressed about everything. My relationship, my job, my family, my friends.

I'm curious as to what your individual thoughts are on this.

robocop;
Shoo-Dang.

??????

What exactly are your thoughts on death.

My mother was passively-suicidal throughout my childhood and cherished death, so she somewhat made it seem as death wasn't all that bad. (Although, she also wanted a hurricane or flash flood to kill all of us and said my dream was nothing more than a prophecy.  happydood;)

Now I have somewhat of a lovely attitude against death, no so much on the process of reaching that point (Aging, for instance), but that's probably an entirely separate issue. I'm guessing people fear death because death makes them acknowledge what exactly they've done in their lives (Or, the problems it may create for other individuals), or perhaps the stigma it adopted over its history.

WHY DO YOU FEAR DEATH

spaceman

I don't fear death as it's as much a part of life as being born is.

I just want to have done something important by the time it happens.

snorkel

'The one one thing that we yearn for in our living days, that makes us sigh and groan and undergo sweet nauseas of all kinds, is the remembrance of some lost bliss that was probably experienced in the womb and can only be reproduced--though we hate to admit it--in death.'

and heroin

Travis

The spy who loves you

why'd you go into armed forces if you fear death

BlackDS

Go back to the serious discussion you pansy. When I go to hell, I am going to kick satan's fat red ass  madood;

[move]philip;[/move]

FAMY2

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on June 15, 2010, 03:27:24 AM
What exactly are your thoughts on death.

My mother was passively-suicidal throughout my childhood and cherished death, so she somewhat made it seem as death wasn't all that bad. (Although, she also wanted a hurricane or flash flood to kill all of us and said my dream was nothing more than a prophecy.  happydood;)

Now I have somewhat of a lovely attitude against death, no so much on the process of reaching that point (Aging, for instance), but that's probably an entirely separate issue. I'm guessing people fear death because death makes them acknowledge what exactly they've done in their lives (Or, the problems it may create for other individuals), or perhaps the stigma it adopted over its history.

WHY DO YOU FEAR DEATH

More because of what I haven't done and should have.  saddood;

rdl

I imagine it's normal for a guy like you to be thinking about death all the time. Just learn to embrace those kind of depressing thoughts. Either that or give it time. After a couple of years (or maybe a couple of months, you are in the military after all) you'll get so tired of fretting that you won't care anymore.

wrench;

?????

You have a desk job so you'll be okay yay
Die for Dethklok

??????

Quote from: FAMY2 on June 15, 2010, 02:35:05 PM
More because of what I haven't done and should have.  saddood;
Why aren't you starting now?  akudood;

Daddy

FEARING DEATH IS ROOTED IN EVOLUTION LOL

FAMY2

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on June 15, 2010, 06:05:13 PM
Why aren't you starting now?  akudood;

I am. The more I do the more I find I want to do.    n_n

??????

Quote from: FAMY2 on June 15, 2010, 07:01:01 PM
I am. The more I do the more I find I want to do.    n_n
Me too,
except until I come to recognition that I haven't done enough

Hippopo

People dream and hope that their lives will have purpose, plot, and meaning...  Just go to a funeral, and you'll see people try to set it up that way.  Sadly, most people's lives won't have major and profound meaning that will change the universe, and we just need to accept that...   Maybe once we do, death and life won't be that bad.

Dum-de-dum.

As for me, I don't want to die..  I also don't want to age.  Facing that reality is scary, but I am trying my best to get over that fear.

Go Up