October 09, 2024, 12:31:01 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I love the bank

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, April 14, 2010, 03:24:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I had a red hot check from work that was smoldering in my pocket, so I thought I should get it deposited quickly and went down to my local branch of <insert bank name here>.
I've always had good experiences at <insert bank name here> and the tellers are always very friendly. That's muy important you know.

I wrote out my deposit slip and got in line behind three other people. There was only one teller slot open, see?

People always seem so shifty there in line, like everyone's out to get their money or see their funds or get some kind of criminal insight on their activities. There was an old woman with a cane immediately in front of me followed by an impatient looking businessman followed by a grizzly looking dude at the desk carrying a plastic jar full of change. I checked out the mock antique clock next to the poster advertising college checking accounts.

The man at the desk passed his plastic bottle over to the teller, a petite twenty-ish looking female who was all smiles. She took the change to the machine behind the desk and dumped the whole damn thing in.

See, the thing is, the change got jammed in the complex looking motherfucking machine. Not just a minor jam either. I'm talking about a huge cog wrenching gear busting jam with the grizzly man's change as the catalyst. The petite twenty year old-ish female bank teller looks shocked as the machine is opened and columns of change erupt onto the floor.

Bank teller looks back, smiles and ducks behind the wall to call for her manager. He comes, looks down and laughs and gives the teller instructions. She goes over to grizzly man and fills him in.

The grizzled dude flips and becomes at least 72% more grizzly as his face turns red. He begins to shout about his "cock-fucking change" and how he was going to use it for his brother's birthday party. Bank teller apologizes several times and promises to reimburse every penny as well as a little extra for the inconvenience but grizzly man hears nothing of it. He's too busy punching the plastic divider by the desk and knocking those velvet rope divider things over as he storms out without giving the teller his information. One of the metal velvet rope poles hit my foot.

The petite twenty-ish looking female teller is visibly shaken and processes the other two customers quickly. My turn came up and I asked whether the abandoned change was up for grabs. She only laughed, processed my deposit, handed me my slip and wished me a good day.

And that's what happened at my local branch of <insert bank name here> today.

strongbad

My bank is a very nice place. The last time I went was to set up my checking account with my mother and it was a pleasant experience.

snorkel

I only ever use drive-through ATMs to make deposits and withdraw dollars

Socks

i always hope the pretty teller is there when i visit my local. she livens up my testicles, the bank too.

Wrench

My banks always been real nice. I go there every 2 weeks or so to deposit my check/tips. Everything goes nice and quickly.

Zack777

Dude needs to use a Coinstar. And I never go inside my bank, I'v only been in there once. Every time I use the ATM.

Wrench

Quote from: Zack777 on April 15, 2010, 12:02:27 AM
Dude needs to use a Coinstar. And I never go inside my bank, I'v only been in there once. Every time I use the ATM.

Coinstar is not worth it. They take 9 cents off every dollar. It adds up after a while. The bank takes the money in its entirety with no hidden fees or anything.

I deposited $100.98 today baddood;

?????

Die for Dethklok

Go Up